Contract Up

#GATA

Any Kid that concerned about his "outfit"  can go play somewhere else.

Saw Kenny Bell out and about last night, rocking the Adidas attire from head to toe.  I wanted to go up and ask him whether he thought shoe affiliation was an important deal but I just don't like bugging local sports people when they're on their own time.  Seems like an intrusion into their personal space, if you will.  But I can tell you this much:  He wasn't wearing football shoes and he wasn't wearing Nikes.  When he's on his own time, he can wear whatever he wants to and he was wearing Adidas.

If it get's us a player that can average 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists per game then I don't want him playing elsewhere.  Why would we want that?  I hate hate those players..cough, cough (sarcasm)

Bball 23, I too am around kids everday and coach them too.  I see it in there club teams.  All they talk about is the type of gear they have.  They all want the Nike Elite socks, Dri-Fit shirts, and so on.  It's what's on their minds.  It is truly amazing to see the amount of stuff they will come to school with.  All of which is being carried in a Nike book bag with their team's name on it.  Nike starts them off you and then they are hooked.   They are forever sucking on the teet of Nike. 

...and yes, I am fully aware that adidas is equally savvy with their marketing hype, they're the Ford to Nike's GM, no doubt.  But I support that competition and at the end of the day...when it comes down to brass tacks (how's that for two sports/business cliches in a row?), I honestly believe the overall quality of the product is, for the most part, same-same.

Yeah and reebok is just as good as Nike too

Adidas owns Reebok  :P

personally I want Adidas to stay with Nebraska.  My reasoning is that a friend of mine is one of the NBA basketball shoe designers for Adidas and a shoe fitter.  He has given me quite a bit of husker gear over the years.  So because of that i never want them to switch because then i will not get the perks.

As per Tim Miles at the Husker Hoops Happy Hour last week, the new adidas contract is just being finished up.  I was talking to Coach Johnson on the way to my car afterward and he said it came down to adidas and Under Armor.

Personally Nikes are garbage, they cause me terrible foot pain and I've throw away every pair I've ever tried, I've worn adidas since high school and they are great for me.  Nike has always been more about marketing and that is a turnoff to me.

Yep...I'm sure LaMichael James wouldn't have helped the football team at all.

Willie Lyles disagrees with this statement.  I work with players that played with LMJ.  Yes he likes Nike but there was more to the story as why he went to Nike U.

Has Nike launched their own line of headphones yet?  If not, they're missing a real opportunity to expand their business platform into the lucrative headphone market.  A "Lebron James Signature Series" headphone would instantly compete with any Beats by Dr. Dre product.  And it would have a swoosh on it, so that people could say, "Beats are crap; Nike headphones are far better.  And kids like them more."

Lebron already has his stamp on Beats.  They make a signature line.

Saw Kenny Bell out and about last night, rocking the Adidas attire from head to toe.  I wanted to go up and ask him whether he thought shoe affiliation was an important deal but I just don't like bugging local sports people when they're on their own time.  Seems like an intrusion into their personal space, if you will.  But I can tell you this much:  He wasn't wearing football shoes and he wasn't wearing Nikes.  When he's on his own time, he can wear whatever he wants to and he was wearing Adidas.

You really checked out what kind of clothes Kenny Bell was wearing?  I'm guessing you were having a Brent Musberger moment.... ;)

Willie Lyles disagrees with this statement.  I work with players that played with LMJ.  Yes he likes Nike but there was more to the story as why he went to Nike U.

Like weed?

As far as athletic providers, I have two words; Russell Athletics.

Like weed?

As far as athletic providers, I have two words; Russell Athletics.

He was making some good money out here.  Just like in baseketball when the guy asked where did Shaq make all of his money and they replied college.  He was doin extremely well for himself.

I hate these 4 day breaks between games... we need a game.  This is what happens when things get slow... we get a 4 page thread about shoes! :)

It was interesting for a while... but, yes, let's play ball! Tomorrow's NU at MSU ballgame at 5 p.m. can not come soon enough~

Ironically, after tipoff tomorrow, we'll probably be thinking the game against MSU can not END soon enough.

Yes, highly likely... and, in many ways, next season can not come soon enough!!  B)

I hate these 4 day breaks between games... we need a game.  This is what happens when things get slow... we get a 4 page thread about shoes! :)

It was interesting for a while... but, yes, let's play ball! Tomorrow's NU at MSU ballgame at 5 p.m. can not come soon enough~

Ironically, after tipoff tomorrow, we'll probably be thinking the game against MSU can not END soon enough.