uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 8, Issue 25 - @ Wisconsin

uneblinstu

Hey guys, just dropping by one last time. I wanted to respond to the comment that Wisconsin's a veteran team - Pomeroy does a continuity index that measures the percentage of minutes played by the same players from year to year. Nebraska is 12th in the league, but Wisconsin is 13th (OSU is the bottom and Indiana was the top). You have to remember that guys like Brown and Showalter were minor cogs until this year and that we lost some huge minutes guys in Kaminsky/Dekker/Gasser/TJackson/Dukan. 

If you're interested in a statistical based write-up of the game (this is where I got the continuity index data from), a poster named turomon does a fantastic job - see here.

Hey guys, just dropping by one last time. I wanted to respond to the comment that Wisconsin's a veteran team - Pomeroy does a continuity index that measures the percentage of minutes played by the same players from year to year. Nebraska is 12th in the league, but Wisconsin is 13th (OSU is the bottom and Indiana was the top). You have to remember that guys like Brown and Showalter were minor cogs until this year and that we lost some huge minutes guys in Kaminsky/Dekker/Gasser/TJackson/Dukan. 

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, veteran isn't exactly what I'd call this team as you're basically as young if not younger than Nebraska and everyone returns for you next year. You can look at KenPom's experience number and that also indicates how young the team is.

I would expect minutes continuity to be lower than you'd think for Wisconsin over the course of the Ryan era as his rotation was small and he almost always played upperclassmen so you'd be experienced in age but not with tons of minutes on the court if that makes sense.

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, veteran isn't exactly what I'd call this team as you're basically as young if not younger than Nebraska and everyone returns for you next year. You can look at KenPom's experience number and that also indicates how young the team is.

I would expect minutes continuity to be lower than you'd think for Wisconsin over the course of the Ryan era as his rotation was small and he almost always played upperclassmen so you'd be experienced in age but not with tons of minutes on the court if that makes sense.

Yeah, probably. Good recognition by you. Though this year's version is the least experienced in a long time, I would think. Dekker leaving a year early broke the natural cycle.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk