2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

Hey Auroran--Cole Gruber of UNO goes in the 27th to the Orioles! :)

Burkamper hasn't gone yet; perhaps he will stay....

I have to think his drop in velocity had a lot to do with it. He started in the low 90's at the start of the year. He was in the mid to upper 80's at the end of the year.

Probably scared off a bunch of teams.

So we prob lose Knutson and Boldt.

Looks Burkamper didnt get selected which is good for us.

I'm assuming Ben Miller comes back. Anyone else think differently?

That looks right; Ben all but said he's coming back in the papers this morning.  And i haven't heard that any of our recruits were drafted.  

Our select baseball team had the opportunity to play at Haymarket Park tonight.  Home of the Huskers, Saltdogs and for one game, the Lincoln Sox.  It was hot, but we got a nice win.  One of our 14 year olds actually hit a home run over the left field fence.  A big thank you to everyone who made this happen tonight.  It was a ball.

Our select baseball team had the opportunity to play at Haymarket Park tonight.  Home of the Huskers, Saltdogs and for one game, the Lincoln Sox.  It was hot, but we got a nice win.  One of our 14 year olds actually hit a home run over the left field fence.  A big thank you to everyone who made this happen tonight.  It was a ball.

That's a pretty good poke for a 14 year old

That's a pretty good poke for a 14 year old

Yes it was...and it got out in a hurry :)

The Rays signed their top two draft picks Friday, both for below slot value.

The team would not comment on the bonus given to the two picks.

First-round pick 3B Josh Lowe from Pope (Ga.) High was taken 13th overall, which was slotted at $3,098,900. Second-round pick OF Ryan Boldt (University of Nebraska) reportedly signed for $1 million, which came in under the $1,195,500 slot for his spot, 53rd overall.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-sign-top-two-draft-picks-for-less-than-slot-value/2282226

Last night on TV on the 10/11 sports segment they mentioned a commitment to the baseball program.  He is a 2017 prospect that is a pitcher from Des Moines, IA.  Does anyone know/remember who this is?  I haven't seen or read anything else about him.

• 3 weeks later...

Was surprised to see that Trev whacked Bob Herold at UNO.   Also, I hadn't heard of a scuffle on the bus after the Nebraska game.  Anyone know anything?  Auroran?  

Sad deal, IMHO. Bob Herold's son will be a SOPH. Bob's wife is the athletically acclaimed Sondra Obermeier of Aurora.

Other than that, I don't know all that much about it. 

Was surprised to see that Trev whacked Bob Herold at UNO.   Also, I hadn't heard of a scuffle on the bus after the Nebraska game.  Anyone know anything?  Auroran?  

Sad deal, IMHO. Bob Herold's son will be a SOPH. Bob's wife is the athletically acclaimed Sondra Obermeier of Aurora.

I was shocked.  Herold is held in very high regard in baseball circles.

I was shocked.  Herold is held in very high regard in baseball circles.

I was an intern in the UNO athletic department and Coach Herold was absolutely a class act. He went of of his way to speak with me on more than one occasion while I was just an intern to everyone else in the department. Disappointed to hear this news.

• 4 weeks later...