2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

Would be nice to have a good showing but just making a regional is a nice spring board for the future. We return quite a bit next year so this will be good experience for some of the youngsters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will depend on how many guys sign, but we lose a lot also.  Will need at least 2 infielders, a center fielder, and some pitchers.  Jake P., Rev and Chesnut gone, no doubt Boldt is gone, and suspect Burkamper and Knudsen gone.  Could see Miller being gone also.  Will need to fill some holes.  

Would be nice to have a good showing but just making a regional is a nice spring board for the future. We return quite a bit next year so this will be good experience for some of the youngsters

will depend on how many guys sign, but we lose a lot also.  Will need at least 2 infielders, a center fielder, and some pitchers.  Jake P., Rev and Chesnut gone, no doubt Boldt is gone, and suspect Burkamper and Knudsen gone.  Could see Miller being gone also.  Will need to fill some holes.  

I guess it depends on how you look at it...I see us getting back 6 of 9 in the lineup...I don't see Ben Miller leaving, his game just does not fit in the pro's.  I could be wrong, but I don't even forsee him being drafted.  From what I have heard Knutson is gone for sure...but, we should be able to fill that void as he was our midweek starter just for the past few weeks.  Burkamper will be the question mark....he may be the top prospect on the pitching staff but he did not show much in terms of velocity this year.  Early in the year he was in low 80's and by the end he was mid-upper 80's.  May have hurt his draft stock quite a bit.  But, even if Burkamper decides to leave we return our #2 an #3 starters in addition to McSteen who I think will still end up being a quality starter. 

I guess it depends on how you look at it...I see us getting back 6 of 9 in the lineup...I don't see Ben Miller leaving, his game just does not fit in the pro's.  I could be wrong, but I don't even forsee him being drafted.  From what I have heard Knutson is gone for sure...but, we should be able to fill that void as he was our midweek starter just for the past few weeks.  Burkamper will be the question mark....he may be the top prospect on the pitching staff but he did not show much in terms of velocity this year.  Early in the year he was in low 80's and by the end he was mid-upper 80's.  May have hurt his draft stock quite a bit.  But, even if Burkamper decides to leave we return our #2 an #3 starters in addition to McSteen who I think will still end up being a quality starter. 

Burkamper will indeed be interesting; he was just never quite right this year, and I'm not sure there is a physical answer for the lower velocity.  I think we're deeper and better off with pitchers than position players.  In addition to McSteen, Engelken has really good stuff, if he can improve his control.  King was much better in the conference tourney, albeit only 2 innings.  And Hohensee should be back next year after Tommy John surgery.  But we have to find a shortstop and third baseman, and perhaps an option at second if Schlep doesn't get it figured out. 

Burkamper will indeed be interesting; he was just never quite right this year, and I'm not sure there is a physical answer for the lower velocity.  I think we're deeper and better off with pitchers than position players.  In addition to McSteen, Engelken has really good stuff, if he can improve his control.  King was much better in the conference tourney, albeit only 2 innings.  And Hohensee should be back next year after Tommy John surgery.  But we have to find a shortstop and third baseman, and perhaps an option at second if Schlep doesn't get it figured out. 

Forgot about Hohensee...he was one of my favorite arms on the staff.  If he can regain his form that would be big for the backend of the pen if they don't ask him to be a starter.  I see Alvarado filling in at third as I think thats his most natural position....not sure what's going on with Dilday but if he returns I would assume he takes over in left if Alvarado moves to third.  Should be interesting to see how the rest shakes out....in the meantime hopefully we do some damage in the regional. 

will depend on how many guys sign, but we lose a lot also. Will need at least 2 infielders, a center fielder, and some pitchers. Jake P., Rev and Chesnut gone, no doubt Boldt is gone, and suspect Burkamper and Knudsen gone. Could see Miller being gone also. Will need to fill some holes.

I guess it depends on how you look at it...I see us getting back 6 of 9 in the lineup...I don't see Ben Miller leaving, his game just does not fit in the pro's. I could be wrong, but I don't even forsee him being drafted. From what I have heard Knutson is gone for sure...but, we should be able to fill that void as he was our midweek starter just for the past few weeks. Burkamper will be the question mark....he may be the top prospect on the pitching staff but he did not show much in terms of velocity this year. Early in the year he was in low 80's and by the end he was mid-upper 80's. May have hurt his draft stock quite a bit. But, even if Burkamper decides to leave we return our #2 an #3 starters in addition to McSteen who I think will still end up being a quality starter.

Burkamper will indeed be interesting; he was just never quite right this year, and I'm not sure there is a physical answer for the lower velocity. I think we're deeper and better off with pitchers than position players. In addition to McSteen, Engelken has really good stuff, if he can improve his control. King was much better in the conference tourney, albeit only 2 innings. And Hohensee should be back next year after Tommy John surgery. But we have to find a shortstop and third baseman, and perhaps an option at second if Schlep doesn't get it figured out.

Forgot about Hohensee...he was one of my favorite arms on the staff. If he can regain his form that would be big for the backend of the pen if they don't ask him to be a starter. I see Alvarado filling in at third as I think thats his most natural position....not sure what's going on with Dilday but if he returns I would assume he takes over in left if Alvarado moves to third. Should be interesting to see how the rest shakes out....in the meantime hopefully we do some damage in the regional.

Altivila should or could push dilday for a spot in left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

will depend on how many guys sign, but we lose a lot also. Will need at least 2 infielders, a center fielder, and some pitchers. Jake P., Rev and Chesnut gone, no doubt Boldt is gone, and suspect Burkamper and Knudsen gone. Could see Miller being gone also. Will need to fill some holes.

I guess it depends on how you look at it...I see us getting back 6 of 9 in the lineup...I don't see Ben Miller leaving, his game just does not fit in the pro's. I could be wrong, but I don't even forsee him being drafted. From what I have heard Knutson is gone for sure...but, we should be able to fill that void as he was our midweek starter just for the past few weeks. Burkamper will be the question mark....he may be the top prospect on the pitching staff but he did not show much in terms of velocity this year. Early in the year he was in low 80's and by the end he was mid-upper 80's. May have hurt his draft stock quite a bit. But, even if Burkamper decides to leave we return our #2 an #3 starters in addition to McSteen who I think will still end up being a quality starter.

Burkamper will indeed be interesting; he was just never quite right this year, and I'm not sure there is a physical answer for the lower velocity. I think we're deeper and better off with pitchers than position players. In addition to McSteen, Engelken has really good stuff, if he can improve his control. King was much better in the conference tourney, albeit only 2 innings. And Hohensee should be back next year after Tommy John surgery. But we have to find a shortstop and third baseman, and perhaps an option at second if Schlep doesn't get it figured out.

Forgot about Hohensee...he was one of my favorite arms on the staff. If he can regain his form that would be big for the backend of the pen if they don't ask him to be a starter. I see Alvarado filling in at third as I think thats his most natural position....not sure what's going on with Dilday but if he returns I would assume he takes over in left if Alvarado moves to third. Should be interesting to see how the rest shakes out....in the meantime hopefully we do some damage in the regional.

Altivila should or could push dilday for a spot in left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Are you thinking of Klempke?  Altavilla has been an infielder.   He has performed well in the limited opportunities he has had.