2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

We could possibly host as a 2 seed correct? I know there is one or two of those situations a year. NCAA would know we would be an asset attendance wise.

I may be wrong on this....but I think bids already had to be submitted to the NCAA by now to host a regional. My guess is we didn't place that bid as just a few weeks ago it was pretty iffy if we were going to get in or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've announced that we're starting Burkamper on Wednesday. Winning the first two games will be huge, so hopefully this sets us up to manage that. Pitching could get interesting with the weather, though.

One day less rest...should not be a huge difference.  The good news is we did not use much of the pen on the weekend so we should be fresh.  Also, the emergence of Knutson really helps....also, McSteen could also start if we find ourselves digging out of the losers bracket.  Pretty excited for the week...hopefully the weather holds off. 

The Big Ten has decided to anchor its postseason event at the CWS home site six times in the next seven years, showcasing the league while perhaps helping legitimize the quality and potential of the programs.

Three years ago, Indiana ended the Big Ten’s 29-year College World Series drought. But even before that, nearly every team was planning an update to its facilities, had increased its budget and was on the verge of experiencing some level of success. The expectations were already rising.

For 10 years from 2002 to 2011, the Big Ten produced just 16 total NCAA regional teams. It’s had 11 total in the last five seasons (and eight programs have earned bids). The league could get four or five more bids this season depending on the selection committee’s final decisions Monday.