2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

No I agree, I guess I meant we underperformed comapared to what I expect out of this program. The recruiting needs beefed up. And honestly I've questioned the effort from boldt and burkamper, those are talents that should dominate B1G baseball.

I don't question their effort. Their execution on the other hand is debatable. Derek battles inconsistency. He can look dominant at times, and then ar other times, loses the strike zone. Reminds me a lot of Aaron Bummer. Would not be surprised if he is drafted in the 10th - 20th round of the draft and goes that direction. Boldt is going to be drafted early, unless his bonus demand is ridiculous. He has speed, and is an excellent defender. Only ?'s will be can he stick in centerfield (doesn't have enough power to be a corner outfielder), and his arm strength.

So what are we thinking guys? 3-1 next week to be in good shape?

I think we would be in good shape finishing 3-1 going into the B1G Tourney.  Needless to say, it won't be easy.... but that is why it would put us in good shape.  Really good to win the series today, and beat the teams we should beat.  Ineresting to see how it will play out.  GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

So what are we thinking guys? 3-1 next week to be in good shape?

RPI stands at 54 right now....according to Boyds World 3-1 gets us into the top 45 of the RPI which should have us in a pretty good spot heading into the Big Ten tournament.  Even 2-2 this week won't be a killer but we will likely have to have a solid week in Omaha. 

Best thing is that we are playing this weekend for seating in the Big 10 Tournament.  Last night on the broadcast they said the conference told us that we are in.

Doesn't mean that we can lose 2 or 3 thins weekend, but also not playing for our lives and causing us to grip that ball and bat even tighter.