2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

Pre-Season Big Ten Coaches poll comes out and Nebraska is not predicted to finish in the top six.  The good news is preseason predictions are worthless....but it appears the bar has been set pretty low for Erstad and this team.  Erstad needs to show some life this year.

2016 Big Ten Baseball Preseason Poll (top six teams)
1. Michigan
2. Maryland
3. Indiana
4. Iowa
5. Illinois
6. Michigan State

Offense should be solid.

Pitching worries me. Burkamper and King were solid last year but I'm not sold on Howells moving to starting over coming from the pen. Bull pen doesn't seem any better than average right now.

Interesting; some of the insiders think the pitching will be decent, but worry that we won't have enough bats in the lineup.  

• 2 weeks later...

No need to rem

We will be all right...we will certainly finish in the top six.

Whoa. Do I need to remind you that we were a game away from missing the Big Ten Tournament last year (top 8 teams)?

Nope, no need to remind me.  Yet, there is a renewed sense of urgency.  There has been an emphasis on fundamental baseball.  The pitching staff should be fine.  I am concerned about power, but the team can be okay with gap power.  I guess that is why they play games, we are about to find out if they can perform at a higher level than last year.

Did it with Boldt going O-fer. He will get going. Like our chances tomorrow with King on the mound. A week from tomorrow I will see them in person at the Tony Gwynn Classic. Would love to start the season strong.

Jealous. Solid competition and can't beat San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare luck and some decent planning.  Have a conference that starts Sunday night.  Get in early saturday to catch the saturday afternoon and sunday games.  I'll let the wife know after we land that we are going to spend the first 2 days in San Diego at Husker games.   :)   Hopefully staying at the Del will help her get over it.

Good win today.  I believe this Charleston team is supposed to be pretty decent.  They are a top 35 team.  We go in and shut them down.  Great job by the pitching staff today.

And I like having zero errors.  I don't think we'll be a great hitting team, so we will need a lot of pitching and defense.  Hope that Schleppenbach is OK.  

Trying to stay positive but have to admit it is getting difficult.

I love DE, think he is a great guy, and great ambassador for our university.That being said, since he has taken over I really haven't had to much confidence in his abilities to get this team to be a consistent top 30 type ball club. We have the facilities, fan support and history to be top 3 in the B1G every year. I hate to say it, but I think the better choice for head coach would have been Will Bolt, that dude can flat out coach. 

Now hopefully this post looks idiotic when we make the tourney this year.

Not sure how this series would have ended up if we had Burkamper...he is likely our #2 guy. I think the starting rotation will end up being solid. I think we will continue to struggle offensively..not sure Erstad taking over the offense really does much for us. We have limited power and and average speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk