Ed Chang is a 5-Star type player

If we do not get him I will be EXTEMELY disappointed. Once in a generation in-state talent.

Reminds me of KD

Where does he go to high school?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Papillion La Vista H.S.

So he is a sophomore. Is he going to grow 3 or 4 inches? Who knows what our roster will look like in 3 years.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Excited about this guy. Yeah he should start early and put on some weight, but then again he's really similar to the slim reaper in body type, so maybe not too much.

I swear to god, if we let him get stolen by iowa or creighton....again. grr

I have a feeling we'll at least have a chance, with how good a recruiter Tim & Co seem to be

Arop is better. When Omaha South and Papillion La-Vista squared off, Chang and Arop were matched up to start. After the first game Arop had 10+ points and Chang was on the bench in foul trouble. Granted Arop is a year older, but he also missed a whole year last year with injury.

Arop is better. When Omaha South and Papillion La-Vista squared off, Chang and Arop were matched up to start. After the first game Arop had 10+ points and Chang was on the bench in foul trouble. Granted Arop is a year older, but he also missed a whole year last year with injury.

Don't get me wrong I would love to get Chang bc I think he is good and I would love to beat out Creighton for him. But when Arop and Chang played and guarded each other Arop took him to school. Obviously Chang could have had a really bad game or Arop a really good one. But either way that's just what I saw. Chang will prob end up being 6'9 tho and is only a sophomore so he has time to grow and get better.

*quarter

Not sure where in my post I said, "Ed Chang is a 5-star and better than Arop."

Wasn't comparing the two. I just really want Ed Chang as a husker. And btw, Arop and Chang are different years and different positions. Unfair to say "Arop is better" as you're comparing different players unfairly.

-Not sure where in any of these posts anyone said that you said that.

-Nobody refers to Michael Jordan as the best SG or SF in history, they refer to him as the best player in history bc players from different positions can be compared

-Both Arop and Chang are going to be forwards and when their teams played and they guarded each other in the first quarter Chang ended the quarter on the bench with two fouls and Arop was already at 10+ points. You are correct that they do not play the exact same position but they are similiar enough where they can be compared.

Not sure where in my post I said, "Ed Chang is a 5-star and better than Arop."

Wasn't comparing the two. I just really want Ed Chang as a husker. And btw, Arop and Chang are different years and different positions. Unfair to say "Arop is better" as you're comparing different players unfairly.

-Not sure where in any of these posts anyone said that you said that.

-Nobody refers to Michael Jordan as the best SG or SF in history, they refer to him as the best player in history bc players from different positions can be compared

-Both Arop and Chang are going to be forwards and when their teams played and they guarded each other in the first quarter Chang ended the quarter on the bench with two fouls and Arop was already at 10+ points. You are correct that they do not play the exact same position but they are similiar enough where they can be compared.

Two fouls early in a game really kind of kills your stat line.  Just ask Shavon Shields.

Well yeah I understand that. But that's kind of my point. Arop was able to attack Chang and get him in foul trouble while scoring a good amount of points while Chang was not able to do that.

I'll be honest I am probably a little biased at the moment since Arop is committed to NU while Chang is not. And I do not what to even think about Creighton getting a KD like in-state player. I think it's just a defense mechanism of mine.

That being said Chang seems to have enjoyed his visits to NU and I have all the faith in the world in Tim Miles

If we do not get him I will be EXTEMELY disappointed. Once in a generation in-state talent.

Reminds me of KD

That's a pretty bold statement saying he's a "once in a generation in-state talent".  There have been players way better than Ed Chang in state in the past generation.  I'm not saying Ed isn't a good player but that might be setting the bar a little high with praise like that.

Reminds me of KD

That's a pretty bold statement saying he's a "once in a generation in-state talent". There have been players way better than Ed Chang in state in the past generation. I'm not saying Ed isn't a good player but that might be setting the bar a little high with praise like that.

You're right... He's similar to all the other 6'7"+, super long, athletic, with absolutely beautiful strokes from outside that we've had in this state. I kid! I kid!

I know... Maybe went a bit superlative. But I watched a bunch of his highlights then finally got to see him play live. He's the real deal. Dreams of tournament wins were dancing through my head. So shoot me, ha!

Reminds me of KD

That's a pretty bold statement saying he's a "once in a generation in-state talent". There have been players way better than Ed Chang in state in the past generation. I'm not saying Ed isn't a good player but that might be setting the bar a little high with praise like that.

You're right... He's similar to all the other 6'7"+, super long, athletic, with absolutely beautiful strokes from outside that we've had in this state. I kid! I kid!

I know... Maybe went a bit superlative. But I watched a bunch of his highlights then finally got to see him play live. He's the real deal. Dreams of tournament wins were dancing through my head. So shoot me, ha!

He has exceptional touch but what I've seen of him shooting hasn't shown him getting much elevation on his jumper.  It's sort of a stand-there-and-flick-your-wrist motion like Bakari Evelyn.  But Ed is very young.  His feel cannot be coached.  He still has time to work on his mechanics.  But that feel is exceptional and will make the difference between him being just a 3-star versus getting a 4th (or even a 5th? ;) ) star.  And he has range, also.

On top of all of that, I have heard he's a great kid.

I know he has been to about 8 NU game already this year.  So that's gotta be a good sign in a way?  He's young and I'm sure will explore his options.  But I for one would absolutely love to have him at NU!!  Him and Arop together would be great for NU and for keeping that in-State talent home.

I think in Arop (committed), Chang (offered) and Wingett we have three really good kids who would like to play at Nebraska. Chang and Arop seem to be really good friends off the court. Chang tweeted a picture of them eating together after the South, Papio game. The state tournament will be really good this year with those three and they'll be back next year. Pretty exciting time for prep hoops in Nebraska, I think.