Michigan Game Thread: Don't turn on the lights.....

cipsucks

I just wish the next game was a more winnable game, because there are some really good things to take away from this game. Now we will likely start 0-4. We have to get a win soon, or else lots of enthusiasm by the casual fan will be gone. 

If we were in this one, we certainly have a shot at knocking off Michigan State on the road.

Crap...moral victory, bummer.

I disagree.  Most times, moral victories really suck.  Not tonight.  Tonight's performance shows this team they can play with the best in this conference.  This game can be a building block.

Sorry, still a bummer.  We played a nice game...but I can certainly see areas where (with just slight improvement) we could made a major difference.  That is frustrating, and I know that will frustrate the team and coaching staff.  When you are not as talented, it is the little things that make a major difference.  All it takes is one player not boxing out, or a missed free throw or a bad pass here or there.  Yes, we looked much better than expected, but again, that simply creates frustration for me...what could have been.

Crap...moral victory, bummer.

I disagree.  Most times, moral victories really suck.  Not tonight.  Tonight's performance shows this team they can play with the best in this conference.  This game can be a building block.

Sorry, still a bummer.  We played a nice game...but I can certainly see areas where (with just slight improvement) we could made a major difference.  That is frustrating, and I know that will frustrate the team and coaching staff.  When you are not as talented, it is the little things that make a major difference.  All it takes is one player not boxing out, or a missed free throw or a bad pass here or there.  Yes, we looked much better than expected, but again, that simply creates frustration for me...what could have been.

The players and the coaches see the same thing.  That's why they will work harder and use this game as a building block.

I am with you CWG, but I am numbed enough by how bad we are, that it doesn't bother me as much as most of the seasons.  I am the ultimated competitor and every year for me it is all about making the dance.  I live or die during every game most seasons, as it could be the difference in us making the dance or not at the end of the year.  Not this season though, so I can move on more easily at least.  The tourney I will take the loss hard, as we still have that path to the dance when that thing starts.  Until then, it is simply about finding the right combination to make us the most difficult out possible in that thing for me. 

My only disappointment about not getting blown out early in this game is it didn't give coach a chance to release the Vooch on the Wolverines.

But otherwise, I agree with Royal and cip, it's a moral victory that while it doesn't exactly satisfy like a snickers I am able to live with.  For two reasons.

1).  We are just so bad this year and we just hung with the #2 team in the nation until nearly the end.

2).  There is reason for a lot of optimism going forward from this year with all the help that we'll be getting in.  I'm not saying coach Miles is gonna have a Fred Hoiberg-like year two, but it may be a pretty significant improvement over last year.