Rutgers pregame talk

Bugeaters1

very tough. the game in PBA is still pretty fresh in their minds. rutgers will be out for revenge. refs may play a big part of this game.

i wonder what the situation with burns knee is? i tried to look at the replay on BTN2go to see what exactly happened, but, for some reason it wouldn't let me skip to that part of the game. it would just freeze up. didn't have the time to watch the replay of the whole game---worked fine if i would start it at the beginning. 

anyway, on the husker radio, jeff made it sound like the wisconsin player and burns went "knee to knee". hopefully, that's all it was. 

I'm going with UNL, but...it will probably be close. Hope the refs will control the "hack attack". 

Haven't seen them play lately...but early on they weren't to organized offensively or defensibly. Has enough athleticism  to make up for some team short cumming's.

Hope we're somehow be rested up for the game.

I'm going with UNL, but...it will probably be close. Hope the refs will control the "hack attack". 

Haven't seen them play lately...but early on they weren't to organized offensively or defensibly. Has enough athleticism  to make up for some team short cumming's.

Is 60 points enough to many big ten games? Rutgers doesn't shoot the ball very well and the have to play thug ball to win, which the refs shouldn't allow but I'm guessing we have players foul out before theirs do.

Standings  Conf.   Pct.    PF   PA   Overall   Pct.     PF     PA    Home    Away    Neutral   Last 10 Streak

Rutgers      3-6   .333   60.6 62.7 12-9      0.571  60.9  56.6  8-2         1-7        3-0          4-6      L4

Is 60 points enough to many big ten games? Rutgers doesn't shoot the ball very well and the have to play thug ball to win, which the refs shouldn't allow but I'm guessing we have players foul out before theirs do.

Standings  Conf.   Pct.    PF   PA   Overall   Pct.     PF     PA    Home    Away    Neutral   Last 10 Streak

Rutgers      3-6   .333   60.6 62.7 12-9      0.571  60.9  56.6  8-2         1-7        3-0          4-6      L4

unfortunately, you are correct (about the "thug ball"). what, rutgers has lost 4 in a row now? have a real difficult time thinking it will be 5-------especially at home. if the refs are willing to limit the thug ball, it may give huskers a shot. just going to be a difficult one. i also will add, even if refs do limit the thug ball, rutgers has the ability and talent to put together a pretty good game.

unfortunately, you are correct (about the "thug ball"). what, rutgers has lost 4 in a row now? have a real difficult time thinking it will be 5-------especially at home. if the refs are willing to limit the thug ball, it may give huskers a shot. just going to be a difficult one. i also will add, even if refs do limit the thug ball, rutgers has the ability and talent to put together a pretty good game.

My thinking is the reason they play thug ball, is that they are not a very offensively gifted team. so they have to ugly up the games inside to be able to get their basket. Also it looks like the probale lineup went big with Butts getting the nod over the 5'7" gal. that and they have a coach that looks a lot like OZZY. Sorry for that but I just had to say that, No disrespect to coach Stringer

rutgers coaches probably looking at what wisconsin did to limit jess-------although, offensively, jess was probably her own worst enemy. jess will have to get back to scoring, at least more than she did against wisconsin. plus, imo, the best chance for the huskers to come out with a 'w', scoring will have to come from more than nat and jess. if rachel can go, she is going to have to score. same with allie. gonna have to "spread the wealth" to keep the defense from just concentrating on a couple of huskers. keep the defense moving should help wear them down towards end of game. 

playing at the RAC: (from ScarletKnights.com)

HOMESTAND STANDOUTS

The Scarlet Knights had an eight-game home win streak come to an end last Sunday afternoon with its 67-58 setback to No. 7/7 Ohio State. It was only the second loss at the RAC this season for the Scarlet Knights.

During the win streak inside the friendly confines at the RAC, RU had been outscoring the opposition by an average of 18.8 points per game pouring in 63.4 points per home contest while opponents are netting just 44.6.

Additionally, RU averaged 15.3 assists, 8.1 steals, 6.4 blocks and committing just 11.9 turnovers in the eight-game span.

During the win streak, Tyler Scaife poured in 19.6 points per game, while Kahleah Copper added in 14.8 points and 9.4 rebounds per game. Also Briyona Canty is dished the ball out 5.4 times per game and Rachel Hollivayswatted away the ball 3.6 times per contest.

shout.gifGO LADY HUSKERSbroom.gifSWEEP RUTGERSbroom.gifKEEP WIN STREAK GOINGshout.gif
......................(Tough Challenge, But a Winnable Game. Scarlet Knights are 8-2 @ Home)........................

Tough One to call.  Scarlet Knights are desperate for a win after a four game slide, including a home loss.  Will be at home again (tough crowd) favored (home court advantage) and their HC will be there (IIRC she missed the game @ PBA).

Despite Lady Huskers with some players less than 100%, others are picking up the slack. Ladies are on a 6-game win streak.  The team is playing better together each game, overcoming 'freshman' mistakes.  My Pick; Lady Huskers Sweep the Scarlet Knights and keep the streak going.