Thanks for the great forum

royalfan

Just did a little comparison of our Michigan game thread in a close frustrating loss to our neighbors here in Omaha in a close frustrating loss against Georgetown thread.  Their fan base considers us to be rednecks, dumber, less classy and many other things.  We know better.  We know who the better people are. 

Jesus Christ name used improperly.  Creighton 4 Nebraska 0

Players directly bashed.  Creighton 9 Nebraska 2

Obscene f fbombs and other vulgarity Creighton 9 Nebraska 2

Direct Coach bashing Creighton 16 Nebraska 0. 

Thanks for keeping things classy over here everyone. Our board is a great representation of our great state.  Creighton board is a great representation of Creighton. 

I love this place, for sure, but the comparison isn't quite oranges to oranges.  Our game was a home game (which generates considerably less traffic in the game threads) and theirs was on the road.  Assuming their game thread traffic goes down during home games as ours does, their numbers for the things you counted would tend to be higher for away games.  I say this as the person more than likely responsible for the two f-bombs in our game thread.  :)

Either way, you've got quite a stomach going through a CU game thread for something like that.  Hats off, man!

Oh, and this place rules.

I'll just assume that we're doing better than other Husker sites who cater to football and happen to have a basketball section.

Safe assumption.

I have been known to venture over to a couple other Husker Boards from time to time, and let me tell you it's downright embarrassing to see the level of "knowledge" over there.  They may claim to be all Huskers to the Max, but let me just say that there seems to be a pretty decent reason for the whole low BBIQ stereotype that outside fanbases seem to have regarding Husker fans.

It's kind of disappointing, but it is what it is I guess.

Thank God for HHC.  :)

I didn't even know that CU lost to the Hoyas; and I live in the Omaha area. I heard that Georgetown did have to offer half-price tickets to this game... lol -Just saw the "high"lights, wow. boo-hoo to all those Eastern Omaha Jayskers (who have seen this before, at least!). ;)

I watched the Georgetown game and I can't believe Creighton lost.  They were in control for most of the game, got some breaks from the refs and were up 11 with under 2 min left.  They melted down big time in the last 1 1/2 min.  Missed free throws and turned it over.  Had to be extremely frustrating to watch if you are a Jays fan. (I wouldn't know  :)

I didn't even know that CU lost to the Hoyas; and I live in the Omaha area. I heard that Georgetown did have to offer half-price tickets to this game... lol -Just saw the "high"lights, wow. boo-hoo to all those Eastern Omaha Jayskers (who have seen this before, at least!). ;)

I watched the Georgetown game and I can't believe Creighton lost.  They were in control for most of the game, got some breaks from the refs and were up 11 with under 2 min left.  They melted down big time in the last 1 1/2 min.  Missed free throws and turned it over.  Had to be extremely frustrating to watch if you are a Jays fan. (I wouldn't know  :)

I wouldn't know either, but let me attempt to put it into terms that both Creighton fans and Nebraska fans would understand... it's probably as frustrating as watching Nebraska lose to Illinois or Purdue in football last year. :D

Some? Had I been JT a chair would have been flung across the floor.  In no way shape or form should any team be rewarded for constant flopping.  Good officials can see thru it....last night, those were bad officials and they essentially lost control of the game. 

I'll just assume that we're doing better than other Husker sites who cater to football and happen to have a basketball section.

Safe assumption.

I have been known to venture over to a couple other Husker Boards from time to time, and let me tell you it's downright embarrassing to see the level of "knowledge" over there.  They may claim to be all Huskers to the Max, but let me just say that there seems to be a pretty decent reason for the whole low BBIQ stereotype that outside fanbases seem to have regarding Husker fans.

Thank God for HHC.   :)

bow.gif

WBB seems particularly devoid of interest (guess they haven't discovered 'Girls' yet! ;))

Glad HB steered me to HHC!

Safe assumption.

Thank God for HHC.   :)

Huge props to dime, scott, tony, the moderators, et al. as well. There's so many more things behind the scenes we don't know about that they have to go through to make this such a great board.

ani-chuck_norris-thumbs_up.gif

i heard from several friends and alumni that they papio game was packed