dlrrk in today's LJS

Bugeaters1

Norm!!! (dlrrk)

You're correct...  We've  had that e-mail address since about 1996 (3 years before Katelyn).  The "k", at that time, was for our dog Kiowa.  We sure didn't plan Kate's name around an e-mail address; it just worked out that way.  

Katelyn Lorraine is named after the 10,489 soldiers in the Lorraine American Cemetery.  

Norm!!! (dlrrk)

You're correct...  We've  had that e-mail address since about 1996 (3 years before Katelyn).  The "k", at that time, was for our dog Kiowa.  We sure didn't plan Kate's name around an e-mail address; it just worked out that way.  

Katelyn Lorraine is named after the 10,489 soldiers in the Lorraine American Cemetery.  

dlrrk, just a question---is there a little story behind your avatar? if there is, would you mind sharing? i guess i look at it and see your pic in the LJS, i am just not sure that is you? family member?

That's a picture of me when I was a captain flying an AH-1F Cobra in Korea.  My front-seater took the picture.

My oldest sister's husband flew a Sikorsky cargo hauler in Vietnam, many years ago. Pretty sure he was an Army captain too.

Don't know the model, just that he flew, what I'm pretty sure was a Sikorsky helicopter. He made it back to the US...don't think he ever flew again.

Regarding surgery...  I'm not allowed to say.  Rachel told us, in no uncertain terms, that the team doesn't want issues like that put out in the public domain.  I have my own comment regarding the surgical consultation, but I'll keep that to myself (hint of anger). 

How this "leak" happened:  I think the Journal writer just heard us talking about seeing the surgeon after the game and incorporated that info (about surgery) in the article.  We had no idea it would be mentioned until reading the article.  

Bottom Line:  She needs a procedure.  She plays with pain.  It shows her toughness.  I'm proud of how she guts out the pain.  Many kids wouldn't... Many men wouldn't.  We'll see how it goes.  We'll see how it all goes.  

Regarding surgery...  I'm not allowed to say.  Rachel told us, in no uncertain terms, that the team doesn't want issues like that put out in the public domain.  I have my own comment regarding the surgical consultation, but I'll keep that to myself (hint of anger). 

How this "leak" happened:  I think the Journal writer just heard us talking about seeing the surgeon after the game and incorporated that info (about surgery) in the article.  We had no idea it would be mentioned until reading the article.  

Bottom Line:  She needs a procedure.  She plays with pain.  It shows her toughness.  I'm proud of how she guts out the pain.  Many kids wouldn't... Many men wouldn't.  We'll see how it goes.  We'll see how it all goes.  

For whatever it's worth....

If she needs a knee scoped and the joint "cleaned"....then two of my son's had the same "scope" work done, and it was painless, and recovery was real fast. (about a month, with some therapy after) I was surprised how well it went...both times.  So, if it's the same kind of surgery, she should do fine. 

My oldest son's surgery was several years ago, and he (and my other son) says they can't even tell now....it was done. (no lasting affects...knee is fine) Those kinds of surgeries have been done so long now, and with new technologies...they can do wonders. 

For whatever it's worth....

If she needs a knee scoped and the joint "cleaned"....then two of my son's had the same "scope" work done, and it was painless, and recovery was real fast. (about a month, with some therapy after) I was surprised how well it went...both times.  So, if it's the same kind of surgery, she should do fine. 

My oldest son's surgery was several years ago, and he (and my other son) says they can't even tell now....it was done. (no lasting affects...knee is fine) Those kinds of surgeries have been done so long now, and with new technologies...they can do wonders. 

yes. i think we all hope that is all there is to her injury. i also think i can say that husker fans just want a healthy Rachel-----for Rachel's sake.