Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AuroranHusker

Tyronn Lue is the new Head Coach of the Cavs

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 49r said:

dimes got into a little twitter dustup with LeeBee yesterday about Lue.  :lol:

 

Lee has been a vocal advocate for Lue to get his number retired and hasn't been shy at calling out the administration on it.
He thinks it's important to recruiting and there's no doubt he's asked the staff "Would promoting Lue help with recruiting?" and their answer was "Of course/yes"  I guess my response to this would be "Would promoting Lue have made a difference in landing any of our recruits? " and can you say yes?  I just don't think LeBron's coach tips the scales that much.

 

Lue is going to get his number retired so I guess I don't understand why Lee is still railing against the administration about it. At some point you begin to wonder if he actually cares about honoring Lue as much as he cares about having something to use to bludgeon the administrative department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

 

Lee has been a vocal advocate for Lue to get his number retired and hasn't been shy at calling out the administration on it.
He thinks it's important to recruiting and there's no doubt he's asked the staff "Would promoting Lue help with recruiting?" and their answer was "Of course/yes"  I guess my response to this would be "Would promoting Lue have made a difference in landing any of our recruits? " and can you say yes?  I just don't think LeBron's coach tips the scales that much.

 

Lue is going to get his number retired so I guess I don't understand why Lee is still railing against the administration about it. At some point you begin to wonder if he actually cares about honoring Lue as much as he cares about having something to use to bludgeon the administrative department.

 

Ask the coach.

 

:o

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm watching the Pacers @ Cavs tonight as part of ESPN's "Crossover Wednesday" promotion - pretty cool, by the way, to watch NBA announce crews on college games and vice-versa - and something occurred to me, surprised I didn't think of it earlier...but you know that old joke that fans of rival schools tell "What does xxx college grad call a graduate of xxx college?  'Boss'."

 

Well, ever since Atlanta traded Korver to Cleveland, a Creighton alum playing in the NBA calls a Nebraska alum "Boss".

 

Okay, lame joke, sorry...but I couldn't help it.  Down vote away! :D  

 

 

(P.S. Vitale and Walton spent a fair amount of time talking about Ty Lue, how good of a college player he was, and that he just had his number retired at NU, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 11:40 AM, jimmykc said:

Too bad they can't just wave the Cavs and Warriors into the finals and skip the rest of the semis. Both teams are hitting on all cylinders at the right time and it should make a great  rematch.

 

It'll happen soon enough, as it were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Celtics win three more I will plan to change my avatar to a classic Celts player. Torn between Jojo White and Hondo Havlicek (Bird would be too cliche). If they sweep the finals I will go with Bill Russell..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jimmykc said:

If Celtics win three more I will plan to change my avatar to a classic Celts player. Torn between Jojo White and Hondo Havlicek (Bird would be too cliche). If they sweep the finals I will go with Bill Russell..

I think Dr Archibald "Moonlight" Graham is safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, huskercwg said:

CONSPIRACY...

 

The Cavs had to lose just to keep "fans" on their toes and watching.  Ratings and all, you know what I mean.

Normally would agree, however, IF the Warriors win tonight, it could have been the first time both teams in finals swept their way there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2017 at 3:04 PM, huskercwg said:

CONSPIRACY...

 

The Cavs had to lose just to keep "fans" on their toes and watching.  Ratings and all, you know what I mean.

 

Cleveland isn't capable of conspiring to have Marcus Smart shoot 7-10 from 3. That's just ridiculous luck on Boston's part. And even then it took a last second shot to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

 

Cleveland isn't capable of conspiring to have Marcus Smart shoot 7-10 from 3. That's just ridiculous luck on Boston's part. And even then it took a last second shot to win.

Jacob are you another of the many youngins with a major man crush on Lebron? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston making those shots certainly isn't "Luck" by any means. That's a silly notion. Now, that last shot took a fortuitous bounce but the score was tied at the time so it wasn't make-or-break. Anyway, on to the next.... while out West GSW can sit, rest, & just wait for a team to advance in the East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×