Tyronn Lue is the new Head Coach of the Cavs

AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, 49r said:

dimes got into a little twitter dustup with LeeBee yesterday about Lue.  :lol:

Lee has been a vocal advocate for Lue to get his number retired and hasn't been shy at calling out the administration on it.
He thinks it's important to recruiting and there's no doubt he's asked the staff "Would promoting Lue help with recruiting?" and their answer was "Of course/yes"  I guess my response to this would be "Would promoting Lue have made a difference in landing any of our recruits? " and can you say yes?  I just don't think LeBron's coach tips the scales that much.

Lue is going to get his number retired so I guess I don't understand why Lee is still railing against the administration about it. At some point you begin to wonder if he actually cares about honoring Lue as much as he cares about having something to use to bludgeon the administrative department.

35 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Lee has been a vocal advocate for Lue to get his number retired and hasn't been shy at calling out the administration on it.
He thinks it's important to recruiting and there's no doubt he's asked the staff "Would promoting Lue help with recruiting?" and their answer was "Of course/yes"  I guess my response to this would be "Would promoting Lue have made a difference in landing any of our recruits? " and can you say yes?  I just don't think LeBron's coach tips the scales that much.

Lue is going to get his number retired so I guess I don't understand why Lee is still railing against the administration about it. At some point you begin to wonder if he actually cares about honoring Lue as much as he cares about having something to use to bludgeon the administrative department.

Ask the coach.

:o

:lol:

• 3 months later...

So, I'm watching the Pacers @ Cavs tonight as part of ESPN's "Crossover Wednesday" promotion - pretty cool, by the way, to watch NBA announce crews on college games and vice-versa - and something occurred to me, surprised I didn't think of it earlier...but you know that old joke that fans of rival schools tell "What does xxx college grad call a graduate of xxx college?  'Boss'."

Well, ever since Atlanta traded Korver to Cleveland, a Creighton alum playing in the NBA calls a Nebraska alum "Boss".

Okay, lame joke, sorry...but I couldn't help it.  Down vote away! :D  

(P.S. Vitale and Walton spent a fair amount of time talking about Ty Lue, how good of a college player he was, and that he just had his number retired at NU, etc.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, huskercwg said:

CONSPIRACY...

The Cavs had to lose just to keep "fans" on their toes and watching.  Ratings and all, you know what I mean.

Normally would agree, however, IF the Warriors win tonight, it could have been the first time both teams in finals swept their way there.  

On 5/22/2017 at 3:04 PM, huskercwg said:

CONSPIRACY...

The Cavs had to lose just to keep "fans" on their toes and watching.  Ratings and all, you know what I mean.

Cleveland isn't capable of conspiring to have Marcus Smart shoot 7-10 from 3. That's just ridiculous luck on Boston's part. And even then it took a last second shot to win.

18 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Cleveland isn't capable of conspiring to have Marcus Smart shoot 7-10 from 3. That's just ridiculous luck on Boston's part. And even then it took a last second shot to win.

Jacob are you another of the many youngins with a major man crush on Lebron? :)

Boston making those shots certainly isn't "Luck" by any means. That's a silly notion. Now, that last shot took a fortuitous bounce but the score was tied at the time so it wasn't make-or-break. Anyway, on to the next.... while out West GSW can sit, rest, & just wait for a team to advance in the East.