Tyronn Lue is the new Head Coach of the Cavs

AuroranHusker

Ā 

I'm hoping this is a situation where they have something or started planning something in case Lue won the NBA Championship and they just didn't want to say anything.

Ā 

Why should Lue having his number retired hinge on whether or not he won the NBA title as a coach?

Ā 

Ā 

Other than capitalizing on an instant connection to the NBA that you can show recruits? Not a thing.

Ā 

People keep bringing up he was a first round pick and won a championship as a player and a coach and he's friends with all these famous players and etc. All that, to me, is very much secondary to what he did while he was a player at Nebraska.

Ā 

But there's something to be said about striking while the iron is hot. Do you think we'd even be having this heated of a discussion, if one at all, if he didn't just win the NBA Championship? Sure it's come up in passing in articles in the past but that was just a couple paragraphs saying "hey guys what about this?". That's nothing compared to a full column demanding Lue gets a banner hung at PBA.

Ā 

And by the way, yes he should get a banner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee Barfkneckt tweets about it...

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska is inching toward retiring the jersey of former Husker basketball star Tyronn Lue, now the coach of the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers.

Ā 

On Friday night in Los Angeles, Lue is scheduled to dine with NU coach Tim Miles, Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst and basketball administrator Marc Boehm at the Harold and Carole Pump Foundation celebrity event...

Is it just me or do we have a decent relationship with a guy who doesn't come back here because he's basically too busy? Ā From the quotes from Lue it looks like he and Miles keep in touch and spent some time together just recently in Vegas. Ā If Lue was active on social media, it seems like he would interact with Miles.

Ā 

If you read what Lue has to say, it doesn't seem like he really cares about having his jersey in the rafters.

Ā 

--------------------

Anyway, I asked Lue if he thought his jersey would be retired.
Ā 
ā€œI doubt it,ā€ he said. ā€œItā€™s not a big deal to me. Whatever we can do to get the team and the school some recognition, they ought to do it. But itā€™s not a big thing in my book.ā€
--------------------
Ā 
At this point I don't think there is any formal criteria for our hall of fame but I doubt that negligible recruiting boost is ever going to be one of them.

Haven't we been talking about this a long time? Ā Guess Lee needs to become a member so that he keep up! :P

Ā 

Lee wrote about it in June. I'd have to dig more but I don't necessarily recall some huge push for Lue to have his number retired on here.

Ā 

Haven't we been talking about this a long time? Ā Guess Lee needs to become a member so that he keep up! :P

Ā 

Lee wrote about it in June. I'd have to dig more but I don't necessarily recall some huge push for Lue to have his number retired on here.

Ā 

Ā 

It was discussed when Lue came back to be inducted into the Husker Hoops Hall of FameĀ in the final year of the Bob Devaney Sports Center as Nebrasketball's venue (2013).

Ā 

On another note, does Glynn Watson Jr. dunking this summer remind anyone else of Tyronn Lue?

Ā 

KUJKMQVBBFIGQYS.20130207215036.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It was discussed when Lue came back to be inducted into the Husker Hoops Hall of FameĀ in the final year of the Bob Devaney Sports Center as Nebrasketball's venue (2013).

Ā 

On another note, does Glynn Watson Jr. dunking this summer remind anyone else of Tyronn Lue?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Can I get the Watson dunk with some smoke?

Now is the time for Lee to step out of the closet. Why is Pavelka the only media superstar to admit he visits HHC from time to time?

Sam McKewon posts here from time to time (although I doubts he advertises it elsewhere, I guess).

Ā 

Now is the time for Lee to step out of the closet. Why is Pavelka the only media superstar to admit he visits HHC from time to time?

Sam McKewon posts here from time to time (although I doubts he advertises it elsewhere, I guess).

Ā 

Ā 

Oh yeah, I'd imagine there are many more from the media on here. Also, I know Chubick and some other players have been on here a few times in the past.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Can I get the Watson dunk with some smoke?

Ā 

Ā 

Sure, that would be nice in the pre-game hype video.

Ā 

Ā 

Matt Perrault made a few visits to the Dungeon. That was fun

Ā 

Ā 

And for a blast from the past.......tip, you will have to remember your old user name and password

Ā 

http://huskerhoopscentral.activeboard.com/t25226432/reel-this-dude-in-guys/?page=1&sort=oldestFirst

Ā 

Building a better administrative relationship earlier in Lueā€™s 11-year NBA playing career and his five years as a coach would have been far smarter than trying it now, when it looks like a desperate grab at his championship coattails.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-huskers-embracing-tyronn-lue-would-be-better-late-than/article_5a0ca0d4-5da2-11e6-8d8a-9345a0acec08.html

Ā 

If we've been negligent in building a relationship with Lue (and other former players) in the past, it looks like we are going about it in the right way now to forge an enduring bond.Ā  :)