Charlie Creme bracketology...

whoopdeedoo

33 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I don't have much hope in beating Iowegia again, but, you never know.  Hope the Huskers can keep it interesting.

Iowa is a tough ask and considering it's their third and our fourth game, I just don't see.  Luckily for us I'm often wrong

10 hours ago, caveman said:

What I really find annoying is that those same talking heads have MSU at 7.  The disrespect

To quote Major League.......

"It's settled we're going to have to win the whole f#$%ing thing"

Charlie now has Michigan St. as an 8 seed trending downward. And the Huskers stay at 8 trending upward.

TBH, I feel like even if we had hung on to win, Creme would still have us as an 8 seed trending upward, maybe a 7 seed.  I can totally see the committee making us a 9.  The only way to change perception is to get in the tourney and win a few games because, let's face it, we haven't been relevant in a long time.

5 hours ago, huskerchode said:

let's face it, we haven't been relevant in a long time.

I guess it all depends on ones definition of relevant.  We are in an upgrade position this year and I would be happy to make the tournament and win a game which is something we haven't done for ten years when we beat Fresno St. in the first round and lost to BYU in the second round.  One step at a time.  Next year be in the top 20 both ratings and net and I am a happy camper.

That Rutgers loss is a problem, especially at home.  I just don’t like the 8-9 line as the top seeded teams are very athletic and get to play at home.  I would prefer playing Stanford or USC to Texas or South Carolina.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

That Rutgers loss is a problem, especially at home.  I just don’t like the 8-9 line as the top seeded teams are very athletic and get to play at home.  I would prefer playing Stanford or USC to Texas or South Carolina.

It is what it is.  Can't change the past but you can sure learn from it which I think we did.  Played much better after that and what a great learning lesson for future teams.  I think the sad feeling after the recent Iowa loss as Terry Pettit noted will also be a catalyst leading to future improvement if handled right. Our recruiting opportunities are improving as well as our player development which I give some credit to our new assistant coaches.  And yes I think Trev had a bit not do with that upgrade just like he did in FB and Mens BB. 

On 3/12/2024 at 6:34 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

Creme has us playing UNLV.

Where are you finding this bracket, every bracket I've seen has us playing KU first round and South Carolina second round, including Charlie Creme bracketology sight.  I'm not being argumentative just trying to find it

10 hours ago, caveman said:

Where are you finding this bracket, every bracket I've seen has us playing KU first round and South Carolina second round, including Charlie Creme bracketology sight.  I'm not being argumentative just trying to find it

The one he put out today has us facing Kansas.  They one that was put out on Monday (3/11) had us playing UNLV.

11 hours ago, caveman said:

When I posted my post, Charlie had UNLV playing Nebraska. You need to keep up.

Thankfully we will know our opponent and location in about 36 hours ⏳

I personally try not to look ahead to game two because so many things have to fall into place.  We need to simply enjoy the ride while the team does all the work.  About 300 teams will be envious of those of us that are dancing.