Charlie Creme bracketology...

whoopdeedoo

Given where we are now, we obviously need to win most of our games here on out. Away games will be key. We've historically good away, but that's with NU different teams.

There's a lot of games to go, and will probably change the "bracketology" list before it's all said and done. The question is, was the Rutgers game an aberration, or have we turned the corner on work ethic, defense, and turnovers. 

We seem to be on the up swing, so optimistically it's still possible to get to NCAA's. Hope we can get some wins where we may not be favored. Tough schedule to come.

I think both Iowa and Northwestern are a bit over rated.  They have been fading a bit and that could continue.  It's going to be a tight finish whether we make it but there is always the Big10 tournament where big win or two could really help.  We lost a big plus when we didn't finish with a win in the OT loss on the road at rated California.

We'll pretty much have to win out and have some help from other teams to have a chance.  At the very least we CAN NOT lose to Penn State, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. Those teams are just too low in RPI for us to overcome with our schedule this year (and unfortunately we play PSU twice, ouch!). Lose 1 or 2 of those and you're probably looking at winning the B1G tourney.

With that said, we still have Purdue X2, MSU, Rutgers, and OSU which would all be significant RPI wins (Northwestern is a ?, they have been falling lately).

>We'll pretty much have to win out and have some help from other teams to have a chance

Wow we have to go 15-3 & 24-5 just to have a chance.  Don't think it's that critical.  I think 11-7 and a game in the tournament is good enough.  That would make us 21-10. 

Ok, I'd like to believe that. But I still say we can't afford to lose to PSU, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

don't understand the rpi all that well, but, would have to believe the ooc schedule was not real helpful. 

was listening to sam mckewon last night on sports nightly. mostly talked about football recruiting, but, did touch on the husker wbb. if i heard him correctly, i believe he mentioned the huskers probably need to reach 21 wins.

Last year we made the tournament with a 21-11 record with 10-8 in conference.  We had a couple of good Pac 12 road wins along with a win over Duke at Home.  We can't match those positives this year but we also were 4-8 in our last pre dance games.  Maybe a similar record but with a good finish this year we can get in.  

I worry that the Iowa loss will haunt us like the Denver loss (week 2) haunted the Chiefs...  One could argue this is close to a "must win."  

I watched Purdue play the other day.  If I say they didn't look great we'll lose... So, I'll say... They looked really good.  

I agree about the Iowa loss.  If we would have won that game we would be on Charlie's list as a 8 seed rather than Iowa.

don't understand the rpi all that well, but, would have to believe the ooc schedule was not real helpful. 

was listening to sam mckewon last night on sports nightly. mostly talked about football recruiting, but, did touch on the husker wbb. if i heard him correctly, i believe he mentioned the huskers probably need to reach 21 wins.

Yea, that's probably a good mark to look to eventually. A decent win in the rest of the schedule against an Iowa, Northwestern...or maybe Purdue will  help.

Agree with dlirk...Purdue looked beatable when I watched them a few days ago.....but it was against OSU.

We've need to get into B1G tourney and come away with at least, a win, or maybe two. We'll probably be mid pack seeded, so at least a win there is pretty real.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know our non conference competition wasn't the greatest and it hurt's us in the various RPI polls but I think it was essential for us in regaining our confidence a step at a time.  We still have time and good teams to play for us to continue to turn heads and climb the ladder.  A great position to be in.  Reverse the call and win the Michigan game and we are in 1st place in the conference all by our selves.  Wow!!

After beating Iowa and Rutgers we're one the verge of turning  all of our tourney stuff upside down.   What we do from her on in, will tell the story.  In rough numbers, at least half are very possible wins, and definite maybe's for others. 

We have to make up, some how, the losses to Clemson, and Wash St. Wash St has a losing record right now......they may have played one of their better games when we faced them....but...we aren't the same team as back then.  The Mich game seems to made a light go off in the ladies head, and that game...even a loss (maybe).... gave us ton's of confidence.

When we discussed earlier the possible wins this year, i thought, as said before, we were another year away from being competitive.   ....so much for that brainstorm.  :P

Edited by redsteve

1 hour ago, caveman said:

Several mentions of the Iowa loss what Iowa loss.  Also we only play Rutgers once and that is done.  I think we are crossing men and women's teams circuits a bit.  Let's just worry about the next 2.  If we beat Purdue at home and Iowa away we are going to be set up really well. We should win 5 of the last 7.

I didn't think we needed another bracketology thread.