Michigan pregame talk

Huskerpapa

Okay, I am not sure how to really talk about this subject in a politically correct manner, and perhaps I will be knocked around about it, but I am going to throw it out onto the table. 

We play Michigan on Saturday.  This will be a big game against Michigan.  The MAIZE and Blue of Michigan.  Michigan Maize looks an awful lot like GOLD or YELLOW.

So the issue...Saturday is also a very special day for another reason.  It will be AveryStrong day at the Vault...and what will be the give away to the students?  You got it, To honor the fight that Avery has gone through, the first 500 students at Saturday’s game will receive an #AveryStrong shirt provided by Husker IMG Sports Marketing, turning the Red Zone gold on Saturday.  The gold shirt symbolizes pediatric cancer, while the orange is the color for leukemia, symbolizing Avery’s battle.

Again, I am first in line to support that young man's battle.  That said, I am very conflicted with the painting of the Vault a primary color for the opposing team.

Am I totally whacked out about this?

Okay, I am not sure how to really talk about this subject in a politically correct manner, and perhaps I will be knocked around about it, but I am going to throw it out onto the table. 

We play Michigan on Saturday.  This will be a big game against Michigan.  The MAIZE and Blue of Michigan.  Michigan Maize looks an awful lot like GOLD or YELLOW.

So the issue...Saturday is also a very special day for another reason.  It will be AveryStrong day at the Vault...and what will be the give away to the students?  You got it, To honor the fight that Avery has gone through, the first 500 students at Saturday’s game will receive an #AveryStrong shirt provided by Husker IMG Sports Marketing, turning the Red Zone gold on Saturday.  The gold shirt symbolizes pediatric cancer, while the orange is the color for leukemia, symbolizing Avery’s battle.

Again, I am first in line to support that young man's battle.  That said, I am very conflicted with the painting of the Vault a primary color for the opposing team.

No, I totally get it, CWG, but I think coach Beilein and his gang will get the message pretty quickly that this gang of gold isn't on their side.

I thought the same thing and kind of chuckled.

Remember when we won the National Title in Football and Norm Wore a red tie and his players wore these shirts that said something like congrats on winning the title, and we as fans were like isn't that great. Took,us right out of the game and he beat the crap,out of us and they shouldn't have. So hope it has that kind of deal with Michigan.

I'd probably chalk it up to good intent but poor planning. Nonetheless, I'm sure there's going to be a ton of media coverage bringing awareness to the cause during the game and (in Miles' words) "at the end of the day" that's all that matters.

It is Coaches Suits and Sneakers Awareness Week.

Just to let you know, in case you turned BTN off after the game, Minnesota is hanging in there with Michigan in Ann Arbor.

Only down 7 at half, 37-30.

I turned it when Minnesota got down 15 (35-20).  I don't think Michigan has an inside presence.  I think we need to guard them like Illinois.  Play straight up down low, and contest their 3's.  Interesting stat from the Spartan game.  They went 11-18 from 3, and 12-21 from the free throw line.  MSU was 13-38 from 2.  We shot 50% again, but 4-14 from 3.  Tai was 2-5 from the line, everyone else was 8-9.

...and another thing, have we beaten Michigan?  I don't think we have.  If not, guess what, Saturday is the day!

We're 0-5 against them since joining the Big Ten. If my memory serves me well (it usually doesn't), Michigan is the only Big Ten team we haven't beat once yet (Maryland doesn't count in my book, since they've only been in the conference for one year, but that might be the only other team).

...and another thing, have we beaten Michigan? I don't think we have. If not, guess what, Saturday is the day!

We're 0-5 against them since joining the Big Ten. If my memory serves me well (it usually doesn't), Michigan is the only Big Ten team we haven't beat once yet (Maryland doesn't count in my book, since they've only been in the conference for one year, but that might be the only other team).[/qoute]