Andrew White III

throwback

White and his .441 3 point pace isn't even on target for a top 10 mark in a single season. He is on pace to challenge for the most 3's made in a season, however. If he continues at this pace, figuring for just the games we know NU will play, so 13 more, he's on pace for 87. Season record is 89. If he can keep up his pace in conference play, he'll blow it away. If you're intersted in thses things, he's on a 5-3-2 pattern for makes. Hit 5 vs. NW and Rutgers, 3 vs. Indiana and Minnesota and 2 vs. Iowa and Illinois. If he hits 10 every 3 games, he'll break the record. Certainly within his capability.

Without looking, can anyone name me the #1 single season 3 point shooter? Who was it, what was his percentage?

For kicks, name me the #3 and #6 as well.

I believe #1 and #2 single season are Conklin and Cochron in either order.  I think Cary was slightly better, single season.  Without looking, of course.

CC was #2 and #9 in terms of percentage. BC was #1 in 2004. Go peek at his percentage. It was ridiculous.

Conk led the country that year

I would assume Marcus Perry is up there near the top as well for most made and % in a season? could be wrong though

Not really

67-163 .411 was good for 188th best in 2007

Ryan Anderson shot 48-111 .432 that same year as a freshman, the 99th best

He also shot 54-126 .429, 73rd best in 2010

I would assume Marcus Perry is up there near the top as well for most made and % in a season? could be wrong though

Not really

67-163 .411 was good for 188th best in 2007

Ryan Anderson shot 48-111 .432 that same year as a freshman, the 99th best

He also shot 54-126 .429, 73rd best in 2010

I'd imagine that MilesAOTR was referring to Nebraska Basketball history. What are those rankings, dimes?

Nobody's admitted to cheating and looked up the #3 and #6 single seasons in NU history? #3 is so of the radar, I'd be surprised if anyone that isn't Shamus McKnight would know it off the top of their head.

I did look it up for fun.  #3 is impossible.  I don't even know if Shamus would know it.  6 is not quite as hard.

Nobody's admitted to cheating and looked up the #3 and #6 single seasons in NU history? #3 is so of the radar, I'd be surprised if anyone that isn't Shamus McKnight would know it off the top of their head.

I did look it up for fun.  #3 is impossible.  I don't even know if Shamus would know it.  6 is not quite as hard.

I know, right? Bear Jones at least makes sense. I don't want to give away #3 just yet...

Shamus will know it because he just knows that stuff. And because he's the one that puts all that information together...

McJoe McDouble McCray hit a bunch his freshman year. Had to be close to the #3 spot in terms of makes from range in a season. Don't know about percentage though.

For makes, yes. He's #3, actually. He hit 80 that freshman year. But in terms of percentage, he's not anywhere close. He took a lot of shots. Wasn't a terrible shooter, but wasn't amazing, either. He made more 3's than free throws. 

There should be a minimum of 200 three-point attempts for a career 3FG% record, which would likely exclude some of the outliers that garnered a good percentage based on a smaller sample size.

They use a minimum of 100 as the threshold. Same guy holds the #3 spot for career and season, if you can believe that.

Here's a little hint, he hit the minimum number 3's in a season to qualify, 25.

Also, if AW3's career ended today, and that would be tragic if it did, he would end it with the highest career 3% in school history. He'd also bump Bear Jones off the #6 spot in single season %, too.

There should be a minimum of 200 three-point attempts for a career 3FG% record, which would likely exclude some of the outliers that garnered a good percentage based on a smaller sample size.

They use a minimum of 100 as the threshold. Same guy holds the #3 spot for career and season, if you can believe that.

Here's a little hint, he hit the minimum number 3's in a season to qualify, 25.

Also, if AW3's career ended today, and that would be tragic if it did, he would end it with the highest career 3% in school history. He'd also bump Bear Jones off the #6 spot in single season %, too.

I think I know, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for others to join in...