Where Should I Post This?

HuskerFever

Where Should I Post This?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the recruiting section be separate from the main board?

• Yes
    • No
    • Does it really matter?

Per the discussion below, there are viewpoints that the recruiting section should be separate from the normal board and vice versa.

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/572-nick-fuller/?p=9829

Just for the sake of keeping that Fuller thread of becoming a "I agree"/"I disagree" fiasco, let's put our comments and opinions here.

I don't think it happens often but I do remember a kid decommitting from a school because of what he read about him on one of their message boards.  Let's face it, recruiting around here is hard enough.  I don't want to lose a kid because he read something on here that he didn't like.  Might not happen often, but why take the chance?  I vote let's keep a separate board.

To me, it's easier to just find all the information in one place.  I forget to check the recruiting board and wish all those threads were just included in this forum.  It would make things easier to just have to check one place.

At the top of the forums is a "View new content" button.

Also, if there are certain forums you don't want to view, you can filter out those forums

Hey, everybody, there's a recruiting forum!  It's a neato little place to put threads regarding recruiting.  It's pretty easy to find.  Just click on "Forums" and that will bring up a list of available forums, including women's hoops, men's hoops and a welcome page.  And recruiting. 

So, if you have anything on a recruit or want to read what others have posted about various recruits, all that information is available.  Under the recruiting forum.  It's genius!  You all should check it out.  Here's a link, just in case you can't find it.

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/forum/10-husker-hoops-recruiting/

I don't think it happens often but I do remember a kid decommitting from a school because of what he read about him on one of their message boards.  Let's face it, recruiting around here is hard enough.  I don't want to lose a kid because he read something on here that he didn't like.  Might not happen often, but why take the chance?  I vote let's keep a separate board.

Im sure it has happened but probably on a place like Rivals, Scout, 247, etc.  A kid would probably have to do some searching for this message board.  I didnt even know it existed until someone posted on the Rivals Nebraska site about it.

Initially, I was in favor of having everything in one place.  However, I have grown fond of having the recruiting board separate.  It keeps everything organized and in one place.  The topics over there are simply one topic for each target and it makes it easy to follow along with each individual recruit's process.

If we had the recruiting threads on this board, they would get strewn in with all the gameday and regular topics and everything would become much more unorganized.  It could be harder to find specific information about a certain recruit, and I imagine multiple topics for recruits would be created as news comes out about them.

I agree with what Cookie said.  If we didn't have a separate forum for recruiting, then the thread on a particular recruit is going to drop off the front page pretty quickly and won't be as easy to find to make updates to it.  Plus, with them all in one place, it's pretty easy to see if there's any updates on any of the recruiting threads.