Pop quiz

Without looking it up, I wouldn't be surprised if Glynn is in the mix for 3rd.  Doesn't shoot much but decently accurate.  But if I had to guess I'd say jack 2nd and Benny 3rd

You have big shot bias because Watson is freshman-year-Benny-Parker-bad at shooting

Here's another pop quiz:  What were the percentages of our top 3 three-point shooters last year?  (Minimum of 10 attempts.)  And who were they?

I would guess Terran, Tarin, and.......Pitchford?  Not sure on the third.

Maybe Tai/Benny should look to shoot from deep more? Their percentages would probably go down some...but both are averaging less than 1 made three pointer per game. 

Top 3 so far this year:

Andrew White III:  42.4%

Benny Parker:  38.6%

Tai Webster:  38.5%

Top 3 last year:

Tarin Smith:  33.3%

Terran Petteway:  31.3%

Benny Parker:  29.3%

(Min. 10 attempts)

That's about a 10% jump for Benny.  Tai's is about a 15% increase.  I always felt it was more about confidence with Tai than anything.  Benny, too.

Here's another pop quiz:  What were the percentages of our top 3 three-point shooters last year?  (Minimum of 10 attempts.)  And who were they?

In fairness, I did look these over fairly well after the Iowa game (which seemed to help Tai as much as anyone!). :D

In 2014-15:

[Nick was at 38% but he didn't have enough attempts!]

Tarin was at 33%

Terran was at 31%

Benny & Walter were at 29% but Parker slightly ahead of Pitch

And, last but not least, stats for this season:

AW-III is at 42%

Benny & Tai are 39% but Parker just barely tops Webster

Jack at 37%

Shavon at 31%

Glynn at 29%

I would guess Terran, Tarin, and.......Pitchford?  Not sure on the third.

Maybe Tai/Benny should look to shoot from deep more? Their percentages would probably go down some...but both are averaging less than 1 made three pointer per game. 

White is the ONLY one shooting deep balls at any kind of a significant clip.  He has more than double the attempts of the next closest guy and almost triple the number of attempts of Shavon Shields. 

The above statement from baseball13 is absolutely true.  We need more guys to step up and take more shots, and I think the attempt numbers show that. 

I have complained probably ever since Miles' first season that we get open looks and guys refuse to take the shot.  Because they're scared?  Because they lack confidence?  Because why?

If you catch the ball in rhythm with sufficient space to get off a shot, you need to be able to take and make that shot.  That's what's going to open up the driving lanes for Shavon Shields.  That's what's going to get defenses from employing sagging 2-3 zones.

Andrew cannot be the only one taking multiple treys per game.  Hell, another guy shooting will open things up for Andrew White as well and get him some better looks.

Tai's is about a 15% increase.  I always felt it was more about confidence with Tai than anything.  Benny, too.

Confidence from having 25% of his shots coming from 3 as opposed to 50%  ;)

Well, Tai taking it to the rack might be more of an indication of his improved confidence more than the thing that has built his confidence.  Chicken vs. the egg.  Is he driving more because he's more confident or is he more confident because he's driving more? 

I remember a time his freshman year where he was wide open on a drive to the hoop and kicked it out for a (missed) three instead.  I think we're seeing less and less of the Tai that didn't want to cut into the Alpha Dog's shot attempt numbers.

Tai's is about a 15% increase.  I always felt it was more about confidence with Tai than anything.  Benny, too.

Confidence from having 25% of his shots coming from 3 as opposed to 50%  ;)

Well, Tai taking it to the rack might be more of an indication of his improved confidence more than the thing that has built his confidence.  Chicken vs. the egg.  Is he driving more because he's more confident or is he more confident because he's driving more? 

I remember a time his freshman year where he was wide open on a drive to the hoop and kicked it out for a (missed) three instead.  I think we're seeing less and less of the Tai that didn't want to cut into the Alpha Dog's shot attempt numbers.

I definitely think that part of him not driving was because he was deferring to Petteway

Clearly, AW-III is the only one with the 'green light' from deep, much like Terran had.

I think they all have the green light to shoot.  It's just whether or not they want or feel confident enough to pull the trigger. 

I should have clarified, AW-III is the only one who is green-lighted no matter the circumstance, i.e. guarded or otherwise. I sincerely doubt that every single player has the all-the-time 'green light' like Terran did in the past 2 years other than White. Perhaps Shields, but he's not really a three-point threat like AW-III.

In fairness, I did look these over fairly well after the Iowa game (which seemed to help Tai as much as anyone!). :D

In 2014-15:

[Nick was at 38% but he didn't have enough attempts!]

Tarin was at 33%

Terran was at 31%

Benny & Walter were at 29% but Parker slightly ahead of Pitch

And, last but not least, stats for this season:

AW-III is at 42%

Benny & Tai are 39% but Parker just barely tops Webster

Shavon at 31%

Glynn at 29%

May I ask why you completely left off Jack McVeigh who is 2% behind Webster and Parker at 37%