Pop quiz

Here's another pop quiz:  What were the percentages of our top 3 three-point shooters last year?  (Minimum of 10 attempts.)  And who were they?

In fairness, I did look these over fairly well after the Iowa game (which seemed to help Tai as much as anyone!). :D

In 2014-15:

[Nick was at 38% but he didn't have enough attempts!]

Tarin was at 33%

Terran was at 31%

Benny & Walter were at 29% but Parker slightly ahead of Pitch

And, last but not least, stats for this season:

AW-III is at 42%

Benny & Tai are 39% but Parker just barely tops Webster

Shavon at 31%

Glynn at 29%

May I ask why you completely left off Jack McVeigh who is 2% behind Webster and Parker at 37%

I think Jack was on the list but he saw a squirrel and ran off to chase it up a tree.

For those that sort of dumped on Tai earlier in the year, may need to rethink their opinion.  The dude has amped up his game.  Always a good on ball defender, he continues to improve his inside game.  He also is a good rebounder. 

I truly feel he played like crap in the game against Iowa, and obviously everyone will disagree with me because of his stat line.  His decision making was absolutely horrible in that game and drove me absolutely crazy!

It kind of is similar to how I disagree with so many people about AI.  His stat sheet was fantastic, his play hurts the team

For those that sort of dumped on Tai earlier in the year, may need to rethink their opinion.  The dude has amped up his game.  Always a good on ball defender, he continues to improve his inside game.  He also is a good rebounder. 

I truly feel he played like crap in the game against Iowa, and obviously everyone will disagree with me because of his stat line.  His decision making was absolutely horrible in that game and drove me absolutely crazy!

It kind of is similar to how I disagree with so many people about AI.  His stat sheet was fantastic, his play hurts the team

Definitely disagree.  Not sure what you were seeing.  I think the offense we run functions best when Tai is the one making the action happen off the dribble.  He's is probably the difference maker for the rest of the year for this team, one way or another...

Here's another pop quiz:  What were the percentages of our top 3 three-point shooters last year?  (Minimum of 10 attempts.)  And who were they?

In fairness, I did look these over fairly well after the Iowa game (which seemed to help Tai as much as anyone!). :D

In 2014-15:

Tarin was at 33%

Terran was at 31%

AW-III is at 42%

Shavon at 31%

Glynn at 29%

May I ask why you completely left off Jack McVeigh who is 2% behind Webster and Parker at 37%

I forgot Jack; My memory isn't perfect. ((shrugs))

In 2014-15:

Tarin was at 33%

Terran was at 31%

AW-III is at 42%

Shavon at 31%

Glynn at 29%

I think Jack was on the list but he saw a squirrel and ran off to chase it up a tree.

That's about as plausible explanation as any. ;)

I certainly criticized his shot selection before the start of the season and didn't want to see him playing that many minutes if it didn't change. It changed. He's a 30+ minute player when he's locked into the game. There will probably always be WTF moments in his decision making when he's letting his brain trick him into doing dumb stuff instead of just playing, but I think we can live with that.

You really could play the guy at the point with Parker and Watson on the bench for a "big" lineup for stretches.