Bright side

kldm64

It is extremely frustrating to be 0-3 in conference play right now.  I'm trying to look at the bright side of our loss last night.  We went 7:35 minutes without a point in the first half and they got to the foul line 32 times to only 16 for us and we only lost by 11 points on the road. 

The flow of offense in the 2nd half was encouraging. Tai went off for 17 pts after the intermission, the only concern of the second stanza was that Gesell did as well (19 pts & 7 assists with zero turnovers). That 2nd half is like most everything with Nebrasketball:' win some, lose some' even during an "encouragement."

It is unfortunate that we cannot get two role players to step up during the same game.

-NW: Benny Parker has a career high

-Indiana: Jack McVeigh ties career high

-Iowa: Tai Webster has a career high

If we could have coupled two of those performances we would definitely have a win right now and it would make things a lot easier for Shields.

I am a new poster, and my quick take on the season so far is that we are a young, inexperienced, and small team playing in the best bball conference in the nation. That is not the best recipe for success. Coming into the season I thought Shavon Shields would be our Batman and White would be our Robin. But it turns out we are stuck with two Robins. Shavon Shields' game is too easy to stop with our current roster; just plug the gaps and push him towards his left. That being said, I am pleased with the season so far. I can only dream of how good this season could have been if Petteway and Pitchford returned (a MOTIVATED Pitchford). We are seeing the freshmen's potential and next year they will all be faster, stronger, and more consistent. I am already intrigued by all the position battles for next year.

1. Watson: I think he will have that locked down. I do not see Bakari Evelyn having much of a shot

2. Webster/ Gill: I think Gill will get the nod.

3. White: He will have this locked down, but Roby and McVeigh will be interesting back up options

4. Morrow/McVeigh/Roby: the most interesting spot for next year is the 4 spot imo.

5. Jacobsen/Hammond/Incoming recruit: Hammond is the only true center on the roster. If he can gain 15 more pounds I really like him, but Jacobsen is a good option too especially if he grows more like the coaching staff thinks he will.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I truly do believe that Miles will be the coach that wins us our first NCAA tourney game.

It is unfortunate that we cannot get two role players to step up during the same game.

If we could have coupled two of those performances we would definitely have a win right now and it would make things a lot easier for Shields.

I am a new poster, and my quick take on the season so far is that we are a young, inexperienced, and small team playing in the best bball conference in the nation. That is not the best recipe for success. Coming into the season I thought Shavon Shields would be our Batman and White would be our Robin. But it turns out we are stuck with two Robins. Shavon Shields' game is too easy to stop with our current roster; just plug the gaps and push him towards his left. That being said, I am pleased with the season so far. I can only dream of how good this season could have been if Petteway and Pitchford returned (a MOTIVATED Pitchford). We are seeing the freshmen's potential and next year they will all be faster, stronger, and more consistent. I am already intrigued by all the position battles for next year.

1. Watson: I think he will have that locked down. I do not see Bakari Evelyn having much of a shot

3. White: He will have this locked down, but Roby and McVeigh will be interesting back up options

4. Morrow/McVeigh/Roby: the most interesting spot for next year is the 4 spot imo.

5. Jacobsen/Hammond/Incoming recruit: Hammond is the only true center on the roster. If he can gain 15 more pounds I really like him, but Jacobsen is a good option too especially if he grows more like the coaching staff thinks he will.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I truly do believe that Miles will be the coach that wins us our first NCAA tourney game.

Welcome aboard, khoock.  Let me give you your first green up-arrow.

I think you need to add Jeriah Horne to the mix at the 4.  He's perhaps a bit shorter, but he's stout and he can shoot.  Roby may be more of a 3 rather than a possible back-up 4 for next year.

Otherwise, I agree with what you say.

Good post.  I would really have liked to seen what this team would be like if Petteway had stayed but can't dwell on what might have been.  I still think the future is very bright and hopefully if they can all get on the same page and more players can all step up at the same time, we could be pretty solid.  I do totally agree with you that Shavon is very easy to stop based on the current roster.  Terran help open up the driving lanes for him last year.  He is finding it harder to score when you are one of the focal points of our offense. 

Solid first post but it should be clarified that we are not playing in the best BB conference.  Presently the BIG is ranked 6th after the Big 12, Pac 12, Big East, ACC & even the SEC.  Never going to find the BIG easier than this year.

Solid first post but it should be clarified that we are not playing in the best BB conference.  Presently the BIG is ranked 6th after the Big 12, Pac 12, Big East, ACC & even the SEC.  Never going to find the BIG easier than this year.

Wait.  According to whom?  Some computer geek?  Based on stats and crap like that?

No, let me tell you, the B1G is the best basketball conference in the country. 

Why?   It just is.  You can take my word for it.

Solid first post but it should be clarified that we are not playing in the best BB conference. Presently the BIG is ranked 6th after the Big 12, Pac 12, Big East, ACC & even the SEC. Never going to find the BIG easier than this year.

Do you have a link for the power conference rankings? No way there are 5 conferences with more talent top to bottom than the Big 10. MD and MSU are both looking like they could be #1 seeds in March. I just watched Kentucky play last night and I think Nebraska could have beat them

Do you have a link for the power conference rankings? No way there are 5 conferences with more talent top to bottom than the Big 10. MD and MSU are both looking like they could be #1 seeds in March. I just watched Kentucky play last night and I think Nebraska could have beat them

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confrpi.html

This one has the B1G forecasted to finish 5th.  But they're currently 6th.  Apparently they believe the B1G will jump past the SEC (which makes sense because the SEC still has their challenge series with the Big XII upcoming, I guess they expect the SEC to drop a lot of those games).

... the line-up and roles for next year, Now we just need to find another Dave Hoppen/Bill Jackman...............Please

I'd prefer a Derrick Chandler or a Kamani Ffriend in the post as a defensive stalwart..

You are right talent wise,  & JUCO status Aurora, I was just wishing some homegrown talent would pop-up and save our bacon...

... the line-up and roles for next year, Now we just need to find another Dave Hoppen/Bill Jackman...............Please

I'd prefer a Derrick Chandler or a Kamani Ffriend in the post as a defensive stalwart..

You are right talent wise,  & JUCO status Aurora, I was just wishing some homegrown talent would pop-up and save our bacon...

Gotcha. Patton would have been a nice addition (in a few years with growth/bulk). CU got him from their own backyard, though.