uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 8, Issue 15 - Indiana

uneblinstu

I just can't wait until the University changes its basketball program's name to the "Generic Unique-Tradition-Killer Least Offensive Three-Clappers."

I agree that the 3 clap is lame, but so is the Husker Power during introductions.  That's the best you can come up with.  How about just some polite applause.  Since everybody has some silly introduction thing,  this might mess with the opponents mind more that anything else.  Ok ,blast me all you young superstars.

I just can't wait until the University changes its basketball program's name to the "Generic Unique-Tradition-Killer Least Offensive Three-Clappers."

I agree that the 3 clap is lame, but so is the Husker Power during introductions. That's the best you can come up with. How about just some polite applause. Since everybody has some silly introduction thing, this might mess with the opponents mind more that anything else. Ok ,blast me all you young superstars.

And how would this mess with the opponents?

I agree that the 3 clap is lame, but so is the Husker Power during introductions.  That's the best you can come up with.  How about just some polite applause.  Since everybody has some silly introduction thing,  this might mess with the opponents mind more that anything else.  Ok ,blast me all you young superstars.

So what else would you come up with?

Good effort (just hate losing home games)

Shields I think sometimes tries to do too much (I guess there are no other options)

Had four guys in double figures. There are other options. Missed a lot at the rim tonight.

Shavon is one of the few guys willing to do the dirty work, it seems. And Shields did have 6 assists to go with 10 points and 6 rebounds. He's probably trying to do too much, but it's because he's a play-maker. He wants to win the game, and will his team on to victory.

The 3 clap has got to go.  I get so mad at people around us that do it.  That is about as lame as you can get.  

Miles has got to figure out a rotation.  It was mind boggling the players on the court at the end of the game and the subbing pattern. Our coaching has been less than stellar this season.

I don't even like that "3 clap" routine in volleyball, but at least in that sport it doesn't seem 'out of place.' How about we take the Lincoln Library out of the PBA, and besides the fandom, the Nebraska team needs to be ready to kick some butt next time out. It's time to get'r done! GBR

It's not about trying to be amusing, creative, or anything like that. It's about setting a tone to start the game. 

The point of it specifically being "Husker Power" is that it's simplistic to execute should it be attempted.

I think the 3 clap thing is good in VB and I glady participate in it at VB games.  But it would be atrocious to adopt that for men's basketball.  Different atmosphere entirely.  If the administration can't understand that then they don't understand college basketball at all. 

I actually thought the Husker Power chant was very good - somewhat intimidating but also not as cliché (or directly offensive) as the "who cares, he sucks" chants that are done most places.   I really hope the students bring back the Husker Power chant with a vengeance for the next home game.

3 clap is lame, no matter how you slice it, in Volleyball or Hoops.  Guarantee it has no effect on the opponent at all other than to have them think about how lame it is.

Husker Power chant isn't really any more intimidating, but at least it's not as lame.  In the end it's like dimes says.  It's really just about setting the tone.  3 clap doesn't achieve that at all other than making folks yawn.  At least Husker Power helps fire folks up a little.

Well guys, I've been pretty steamed about our play this year. We can either give up open threes or opportunities in the paint, somehow we manage to give up both. The fact that stick to a man to man while getting obliterated by the PNR seems crazy to me. At some point you need to try a zone or even a box and 1 on Yogi. I'd also like to see a moratorium on long twos before 10 seconds on the shot clock. 

It's too bad we can't play every game against Rick Barnes coached teams. 

Shields I think sometimes tries to do too much (I guess there are no other options)

Had four guys in double figures. There are other options. Missed a lot at the rim tonight.

Shavon is one of the few guys willing to do the dirty work, it seems. And Shields did have 6 assists to go with 10 points and 6 rebounds. He's probably trying to do too much, but it's because he's a play-maker. He wants to win the game, and will his team on to victory.

Never questioned any of that, except maybe the dirty work part. Just saying there were (and are) other options, especially when teams collapse down on him when he drives. I don't think he's good enough to will us to a win, however.

Never questioned any of that, except maybe the dirty work part. Just saying there were (and are) other options, especially when teams collapse down on him when he drives. I don't think he's good enough to will us to a win, however.

It's okay. Shavon has done it time & time again as Shields is clearly 'helping' the team more than most understand. He's the leading assist man on the team, for crying out loud. lol