10yr season ticket holder. Time to give up?

...regarding parking, I am unsure of any arena in the country where parking is much better.  It is not the parking that is a pain, it is the lack of traffic control when attempting to leave the parking locations (downtown). 

I'm pretty sure that getting into the Green or Blue lots downtown are as simple as getting a pass at the beginning of the year.

I suspect a lot of you are also football season ticket holders. I'm not though I go when the opportunity arises.

In terms of weather I'd rather go to the basketball games and watch the football games on TV The games against lesser opponents are perfect for rounding up extra tickets for the kids on the cheap as there are often empty seats adjacent or near by.

This is pretty funny: giving up when recruiting success has gone through the roof. Before last year we had nary a single top-100 or four star player on the team. And next year we will have something like a half dozen or so. Yep . . . that's a good time to quit.

Well... Samford is equally as talented as us, so....... ;)

Also Was thinking about this and this site isn't really the best site to ask this question, because let's face it most of us on here would walk through a lot or pay a lot or fill in the blank ________ a lot to go or see games.

Most of us would not even think of not having season tickets or going to as many games as possible if we didn't have season tickets.

I'm just a baby, I've had my season tickets since the beginning of the Doc Era. I can't imagine giving them up. But if you are at your wits end or it doesn't work time/money wise then by all means give up your tickets. From the looks of it, there will most likely be someone there to purchase them.

Also Was thinking about this and this site isn't really the best site to ask this question, because let's face it most of us on here would walk through a lot or pay a lot or fill in the blank ________ a lot to go or see games.

Most of us would not even think of not having season tickets or going to as many games as possible if we didn't have season tickets.

Oh, it's like Match Game!  I'll play!!!

I drive from Kansas City a lot to go or see games.

...regarding parking, I am unsure of any arena in the country where parking is much better.  It is not the parking that is a pain, it is the lack of traffic control when attempting to leave the parking locations (downtown). 

As my daughter might say:  "Traffic is just one of the prices you have to pay for Success!"  (I don't imagine it was nearly as difficult @ 'The Bob.' ;))

(btw Dimes, when you take your daughter to football games does she still call  'Traveling?'  :))

As my daughter might say:  "Traffic is just one of the prices you have to pay for Success!"  (I don't imagine it was nearly as difficult @ 'The Bob.' ;))

(btw Dimes, when you take your daughter to football games does she still call  'Traveling?'  :))

Yeah, I am not really complaining.  Just pointing out the frustration :)

She hasn't been to a football game yet

Yeah, I am not really complaining.  Just pointing out the frustration :)

Knew you weren't complaining cwg (hence the winky)  :P

(and 2 yo IS a little young to start going to football games ;))

...regarding parking, I am unsure of any arena in the country where parking is much better. It is not the parking that is a pain, it is the lack of traffic control when attempting to leave the parking locations (downtown).

I'm pretty sure that getting into the Green or Blue lots downtown are as simple as getting a pass at the beginning of the year.

Even simpler... You can buy spots (for $6) up to the day before each game: https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/aspx/city/eventprk/default.aspx

...regarding parking, I am unsure of any arena in the country where parking is much better. It is not the parking that is a pain, it is the lack of traffic control when attempting to leave the parking locations (downtown).

Even simpler... You can buy spots (for $6) up to the day before each game: https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/aspx/city/eventprk/default.aspx

Ah that's great...I have a permit so I forgot about this.

I've had season tickets since Coach Iba was here (1982-83) and have held them ever since, enjoy going when I can and when I can't I either give the tickets to my son or just list them on StubHub and usually they sell. I also park right across the street in Red 1 which is nice because I don't even take my coat into the arena. Also just paid my donation for 2016 so I'll be there for 2016-17 at least. I don't plan on giving up my tickets.

Original poster here. Very surprised by the positivity despite the lack of on court success. That positivity is a blessing and a curse to this program. It's probably why it's been so mediocre for its entire existence. If a coach ever consistently wins at Nebraska it will become one of the best jobs in the country because the fan support is incredible. That support is why I'll most likely keep my tickets. It's frustrating at the moment, but that game vs Wisconsin 2 years ago is the best live sporting experience I have ever been a part of. I would hate to miss out on that when it happens again.

Original poster here. Very surprised by the positivity despite the lack of on court success. That positivity is a blessing and a curse to this program. It's probably why it's been so mediocre for its entire existence. If a coach ever consistently wins at Nebraska it will become one of the best jobs in the country because the fan support is incredible. That support is why I'll most likely keep my tickets. It's frustrating at the moment, but that game vs Wisconsin 2 years ago is the best live sporting experience I have ever been a part of. I would hate to miss out on that when it happens again.

A curse?  I don't get it.  if our fans were worse and more negative, we would be better on the court?  WTF?

I agree, haven't been to anything like that event. I plan to keep tickets for as long as I can.

A curse?  I don't get it.  if our fans were worse and more negative, we would be better on the court?  WTF?

Not trying to speak for DOATHLON, and I may be way off-base, but I interpreted that to mean that he thought it was a curse in the sense that there would be a group of hard-core fans offering support regardless of how Bad the BB Team and record was.  In other words, why should the team endeavor to improve (or school administration provide additional resources/program support) as long as a modicum of fans would buy tickets/show up regardless of team performance.  :ph34r:

That's exactly what I meant Red. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom. In terms of attendance, that's never happened

Disagree.  We had horrible attendance from roughly 2000 to 2012.    Less than 5000 for some.   Went from huge crowds in the 80s and sold out season tickets in the 90s to 4 figure crowds for conference games in the 2000s.   Whether the fans support us like we did Saturday, or whether there is a fan boycott, the challenges facing our basketball program will be here.  I won't be convinced that "positivity" will ever be a curse.  

Not trying to speak for DOATHLON, and I may be way off-base, but I interpreted that to mean that he thought it was a curse in the sense that there would be a group of hard-core fans offering support regardless of how Bad the BB Team and record was.  In other words, why should the team endeavor to improve (or school administration provide additional resources/program support) as long as a modicum of fans would buy tickets/show up regardless of team performance.  :ph34r:

Seems like a good majority of the Cubs fandom over the past century.