10yr season ticket holder. Time to give up?

I grew up out of state, in the era before streaming games over the internet was possible. Every game I would listen to a very static radio feed from beginning to end regardless of the product on the floor.  The once or twice a year when I could actually see a game on TV was usually an ass kicking against a Kansas type team.  Even though I've lived in Lincoln for 15+ years now, it still feels like a privilege to be able to watch the team I love in person.

Most of us have lived through the best and worst of Nebrasketball. We've battled the elements when parking in the North Bottoms to walk around the moat that protected the Devaney Center. We now have a state of the art arena with the amazing Rail Yard to entertain us before and after the games. Recruiting has picked up. Why jump off the wagon now, after all these years?

I grew up out of state, in the era before streaming games over the internet was possible. Every game I would listen to a very static radio feed from beginning to end regardless of the product on the floor.  The once or twice a year when I could actually see a game on TV was usually an ass kicking against a Kansas type team.  Even though I've lived in Lincoln for 15+ years now, it still feels like a privilege to be able to watch the team I love in person.

Most of us have lived through the best and worst of Nebrasketball. We've battled the elements when parking in the North Bottoms to walk around the moat that protected the Devaney Center. We now have a state of the art arena with the amazing Rail Yard to entertain us before and after the games. Recruiting has picked up. Why jump off the wagon now, after all these years?

Silent1, nice post.

Don't be such a silent one in the future.

That's exactly what I meant Red. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom. In terms of attendance, that's never happened

Disagree.  We had horrible attendance from roughly 2000 to 2012.    Less than 5000 for some.   Went from huge crowds in the 80s and sold out season tickets in the 90s to 4 figure crowds for conference games in the 2000s.   Whether the fans support us like we did Saturday, or whether there is a fan boycott, the challenges facing our basketball program will be here.  I won't be convinced that "positivity" will ever be a curse.  

There's some research out there -- I found it once and posted it here several years ago and Coach Miles has mentioned it as well -- that shows that home crowd support begets success more than success begets home crowd support.

So ...

If that research is correct, Doathlon is completely wrong.  We have to have the strong crowd support to build a winner.  And if you want the Huskers to ever be a consistent winner, you'd better be talking people into keeping and buying season tickets rather than giving them up over a disappointing several games this past couple of seasons.

Have people seen this? https://www.gofundme.com/e3hh57bg

I saw Miles tweeted back at the organizer by saying 'Ouch'. Kind of frustrating when people act like this. Does this help the program? While I fully expect this character to get $0 and more flack that support, why tear the program down?

The creator of the page didn't even donate....I'm sure Miles had a good laugh as it's that stupid. 

I saw Miles tweeted back at the organizer by saying 'Ouch'. Kind of frustrating when people act like this. Does this help the program? While I fully expect this character to get $0 and more flack that support, why tear the program down?

From the looks of his twitter account he's a guy with anger issue who has figured out how to channel his inner jerk into collecting money from rubes. If you think social media is worthless, this is a text book case.

I was wondering when this would show up here. The guy tweeted at the site account. I blocked him immediately. 

That's exactly what I meant Red. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom. In terms of attendance, that's never happened

Disagree.  We had horrible attendance from roughly 2000 to 2012.    Less than 5000 for some.   Went from huge crowds in the 80s and sold out season tickets in the 90s to 4 figure crowds for conference games in the 2000s.   Whether the fans support us like we did Saturday, or whether there is a fan boycott, the challenges facing our basketball program will be here.  I won't be convinced that "positivity" will ever be a curse.  

There's some research out there -- I found it once and posted it here several years ago and Coach Miles has mentioned it as well -- that shows that home crowd support begets success more than success begets home crowd support.

So ...

If that research is correct, Doathlon is completely wrong.  We have to have the strong crowd support to build a winner.  And if you want the Huskers to ever be a consistent winner, you'd better be talking people into keeping and buying season tickets rather than giving them up over a disappointing several games this past couple of seasons.

Good point, Norm. But you're missing one key point... yes, fans should continue to keep and buy season tickets. BUT also show up to the game and support your team as well!

From the looks of his twitter account he's a guy with anger issue who has figured out how to channel his inner jerk into collecting money from rubes. If you think social media is worthless, this is a text book case.

I was wondering when this would show up here. The guy tweeted at the site account. I blocked him immediately.

Dude is an interesting character

So ...

And that starts with the three claps during intros. I know I am so fired after that I some times pass out!

So ...

Here is the case in point (at KU though):