Enjoy Every Christmas Cookie: Update

cipsucks

I've had several members here ask how my son Seth is doing, so here's a quick update on his battle with MDS. His mom and he are currently on their way to the Mayo clinic in Rochester. For the next couple days, he'll undergo all the preliminary stuff necessary to get the ball rolling for a bone marrow transplant. That's basically the last thing that can medically be done for him. His doctors said there's a 90% chance he'll have a compatible donor, which is good. The scary part is there's a 20% chance he doesn't make it through surgery, and even with a successful transplant, the rest of his life probably will be filled with medical complications. But hey, God has the final diagnosis here!

People have commented how this is kind of a bad time of year for him to have to do this. We as a family disagree. One of the names Jesus has is Emmanuel--God with us. We know that no matter what, God is truly with us through this ordeal. When we first found out Seth had MDS, I was pleading with God, "he's my only son!" His response back? "I know how you feel..."

My Christmas wish for everyone here, besides having a blessed and Merry Christmas, is that no one gets caught up in the hustle and bustle of activities surrounding Christmas. Hug the ones you love and don't go a day without telling them that you love them. Enjoy every Christmas cookie, cup of egg nog, and wrapping and unwrapping every present. But while doing these things, remember it's not about the goodies. It's all about an only Son!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love your attitude! God is on your side, even though it may not seem that way. Prayers up for your whole family during the Christmas season and beyond!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk