Andrew

Huskerpapa

This is a great article for recruiting transfers. Get these blurbs, for example:

"My only concern,’’ said Miles, “was I wanted him to reach his potential and I wanted him to put him in a position where he was highly successful.’’

Nebraska became a possibility because Miles had past success with transfers while at Colorado State and with Terran Petteway at NU. In addition, White was familiar with Huskers assistant Kenya Hunter, who previously served on the Georgetown staff and recruited White out of high school.

“Kansas is a big program. Nothing compares to something like that,’’ White said. “But you have to go to a place that’s best for you and Nebraska has given me such a platform to show what I can do.

[T]he 6-foot-7 junior wing leads NU in scoring with a 16.9-point average and is shooting 42.2 percent from 3-point range during a 7-4 start.

Not that there wasn’t some coaching going on a year ago to prepare White for his opportunity. Nebraska practices were designed for him to work on his overall game, while giving teammates fits as they tried guarding the former top-50 national recruit out of Richmond, Va.

Andrew is one of the most personable, mature, down-to-earth NU players, football or basketball, I've had the pleasure to know. That takes in a lot of years and a lot of players. He's an exceptional person, on and off the court.

I love it when a someone can be a great athlete and a humble person at the same time

Andrew is one of the most personable, mature, down-to-earth NU players, football or basketball, I've had the pleasure to know. That takes in a lot of years and a lot of players. He's an exceptional person, on and off the court.

That has been evident from all of the interviews I have seen since shortly after he arrived. So glad he's a husker.

• 2 weeks later...