Creighton Game

big red22

I don't think Loyola or ASU did us any favors.

I think losing close games reminds them more about last year than it does serve as a motivator

Losing those 2 games won't have any impact on Wednesday's night's game.  CU lost way more than 3 games in a row last year.  The team that plays the best and wants it the most will win when we play CU.

I don't think Loyola or ASU did us any favors.

Not buying that. They're going to have to fight doubt if NU punches 'em in the mouth on Wednesday. A fast start could really help things. You know Tai and Shavon and Benny remember vividly that game two years ago. I think we see one of Shavon's best games on Wednesday.

I know that nothing really matters until the final resume is in.  I just want to know what everyone reaction would be if we lost the game?  I see a ton of positives in this team, but losing to Creighton this year I think would spoil the fun?

I took to long to post.

They're not a bad team and have a good home court advantage. Yeah it would suck though we haven't won in Omaha in 20 years so it's not like anyone shouldn't be emotionally equipped to handle a loss. Let us hope the lessons we've learned from dropping games to better teams will be the edge we need.

NU won in '04 in the opening round of the N.I.T. with a Nate Johnson leaner for the W.

Thanks for remembering. I treasured walking out of that arena with a win.

Omaha is my home...and it has been way to long since I walked in my home town with a win.

Creighton actually has a team that is similar to us... young, zucchini--long, lean and underrated.

Yet, I think our programs are at ebb tide!

So let the tide in and set me free!

You were up late last night, trickey. Are folks happy that Creighton is on a two game losing streak before our game? I am not.

I am not happy.

If I had my preference, cu would win all their games except for the 2 times a year they would lose to Huskers.

So, we'd have the distinction of having beaten the eventual national champion every year?

Creighton KenPom breakdown.

==========================

Non-Conference (5-3):
264. Texas Southern - W (93-70)
317. UTSA - W (103-78)

---Gavitt Tipoff Games---
25. @Indiana - L (65-86)

---MGM Main Event---
250. Rutgers - W (85-75)
115. UMass - W (97-76)

170. Western Illinois - W (97-67)
59. Arizona State - L (77-79)
160. @Loyola Chicago - L (68-65)

You were up late last night, trickey. Are folks happy that Creighton is on a two game losing streak before our game? I am not.

I am not happy.

If I had my preference, cu would win all their games except for the 2 times a year they would lose to Huskers.

So, we'd have the distinction of having beaten the eventual national champion every year?

Norm, flip that. It is the jays that would have the distinction of being beaten by the Husker NC squad each year.

I know that nothing really matters until the final resume is in.  I just want to know what everyone reaction would be if we lost the game?  I see a ton of positives in this team, but losing to Creighton this year I think would spoil the fun?

I took to long to post.

They're not a bad team and have a good home court advantage. Yeah it would suck though we haven't won in Omaha in 20 years so it's not like anyone shouldn't be emotionally equipped to handle a loss. Let us hope the lessons we've learned from dropping games to better teams will be the edge we need.

NU won in '04 in the opening round of the N.I.T. with a Nate Johnson leaner for the W.

Thanks for remembering. I treasured walking out of that arena with a win.

Omaha is my home...and it has been way to long since I walked in my home town with a win.

Creighton actually has a team that is similar to us... young, zucchini--long, lean and underrated.

Yet, I think our programs are at ebb tide!

So let the tide in and set me free!

I was at that game, too. I even sat in the "Bird cage" or whatever they call their student section! I loved hootin' & hollerin' about that game-winner by Nate Johnson!! Thing of beauty, that Nate Johnson leaner gettin' buckets. GBR