This will sound like whining but.......

why are we the only team in college basketball that cant get calls at home. I had to watch Kentucky shoot 46 fts at home last night to Illinois State's 10. Whenever Creighton is at the clink they shot 10 fts within the first 5 minutes of the game (which will happen against us in about a week). But we have a home game against at decent team and they get to the line 16 more times than us? 

I had to get that out, I can sleep better now. Thanks Husker Hoops Central for the venting platform.

With the exception of Shields, we weren't aggressive at all in the first half.

They had some flops and some BS they got away with....that pump fake that Rodriquez tried near the end of regulation where we didn't bite and he didn't get called for a travel...did he leave the floor? I couldn't tell for sure.

As I watched I did not think the officiating was bad or unbalanced.  Shields was great but often dribbled into the middle of four defenders.  I thought they did a good job of surrounding him without hacking.  He may have been getting kicked but I did not notice it on tv.

why are we the only team in college basketball that cant get calls at home. I had to watch Kentucky shoot 46 fts at home last night to Illinois State's 10. Whenever Creighton is at the clink they shot 10 fts within the first 5 minutes of the game (which will happen against us in about a week). But we have a home game against at decent team and they get to the line 16 more times than us? 

I had to get that out, I can sleep better now. Thanks Husker Hoops Central for the venting platform.

It's because you're a bad person and God hates you.  There is no other explanation.  ;)

They had some flops and some BS they got away with....that pump fake that Rodriquez tried near the end of regulation where we didn't bite and he didn't get called for a travel...did he leave the floor? I couldn't tell for sure.

The announcers said he did and then as play went on changed their tune.  Would have loved to see a replay but ESPN32 or whatever low budget ESPN we were on didn't replay it.

The announcers said he did and then as play went on changed their tune.  Would have loved to see a replay but ESPN32 or whatever low budget ESPN we were on didn't replay it.

They showed the replay on the big screen at the game and he did drag his foot.  The ref was looking right at it but didn't call traveling for some reason.

They showed the replay on the big screen at the game and he did drag his foot.  The ref was looking right at it but didn't call traveling for some reason.

Thanks

Thanks kldm.  I know I have a buddy that officiates and he has told me even at the high school level and small college level that unless it is really blatant he will not call traveling.  Said coaches have made it clear those that do will not get hired to work games. 

John Higgins is the absolute worst.

Are you sure?

Absolutely agree with this.

Furthermore, Higgins is actually one of my favorite refs; and I don't know him, although we live in the same small community.

He was not the one making/not making the calls you are complaining about...but he was on the floor.

John Higgins is the absolute worst.

Are you sure?

Not sure of the name of the the guy on the bottom, but he is hands down the worst ref I have ever witnessed and it seems we get him in all the games that matter

Edit: Nevermind it is Jim Burr and thank God he retired

Ted "TV" Valentine and Karl Hess have been WAY worse than Burr ever was, IMHO.