Petteway update

Huskerpapa

Terran-Petteway-FT-590x443.jpg

Terran Petteway is expected to occupy a leading role in the Mad Ants offense.

Indiana claimed Petteway off waivers after he was cut by the Atlanta Hawks, who don’t have a designated D-League affiliate.

The shrewd move allowed the Pacers to grab Petteway a couple days before the D-League Draft and waive the undrafted rookie with the intent of sending him to Fort Wayne. Levy previously said Petteway could’ve been a top-five pick, so he was a priority addition because the Mad Ants didn’t have a first-round selection.

Now, Petteway must continue adapting to elevated competition while learning a new role.

“Coming from Nebraska, where I was playing 30 minutes, getting a lot of shots, getting the ball all of the time. [i’m working on] being patient, letting the game come to me, trying to mature and have my game more calm.”

Indiana claimed Petteway off waivers after he was cut by the Atlanta Hawks, who don’t have a designated D-League affiliate.

The shrewd move allowed the Pacers to grab Petteway a couple days before the D-League Draft and waive the undrafted rookie with the intent of sending him to Fort Wayne. Levy previously said Petteway could’ve been a top-five pick, so he was a priority addition because the Mad Ants didn’t have a first-round selection.

Now, Petteway must continue adapting to elevated competition while learning a new role.

“Coming from Nebraska, where I was playing 30 minutes, getting a lot of shots, getting the ball all of the time. [i’m working on] being patient, letting the game come to me, trying to mature and have my game more calm.”

The Mad Ants' 2015-16 schedule: http://fortwayne.dleague.nba.com/schedule/

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Indiana claimed Petteway off waivers after he was cut by the Atlanta Hawks, who don’t have a designated D-League affiliate.

The shrewd move allowed the Pacers to grab Petteway a couple days before the D-League Draft and waive the undrafted rookie with the intent of sending him to Fort Wayne. Levy previously said Petteway could’ve been a top-five pick, so he was a priority addition because the Mad Ants didn’t have a first-round selection.

Now, Petteway must continue adapting to elevated competition while learning a new role.

“Coming from Nebraska, where I was playing 30 minutes, getting a lot of shots, getting the ball all of the time. [i’m working on] being patient, letting the game come to me, trying to mature and have my game more calm.”

The Mad Ants' 2015-16 schedule: http://fortwayne.dleague.nba.com/schedule/

Their first game Saturday is against the Raptors' D-League affiliate, whose roster includes Walter Pitchford: http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com

• 1 month later...

Appears to be old news.  Seems like Lee Barfknecht is just catching up with Petteway.  Canton game was played Fri, Dec 4th.  Mad Ants won their latest game vs Reno, 129-114 on 12/22.  Terran w/32 mins, 17 Pts,7 Rbs and 4 Assists

Petteway poured in 36 points in a 98-94 victory over Canton, a game in which he outshone six players with NBA experience and two other NBA direct assignees to the D-League, which is the NBA’s official minor league.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/ex-husker-petteway-sparkling-in-sixth-man-role-for-nba/article_2409499e-4701-5c3d-954a-6ad436888bb8.html

Props to Lee for posting this on the day of an NU Bowl game. Interesting side note: I can remember watching Ft. Wayne when the Pistons were an NBA franchise. They even had a player on the all star team (George Yardley).

My parents have a OWH subscription so this was a fun read for me via print on Saturday