uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: ed 8, Preamble

uneblinstu

Interesting post game from Coach. He said he is going to have meetings with players about possible redshirts. Also, said he might have to play all 3 big men due to their fouling.

This is just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if McVeigh and Evelyn Redshirt. Could they contribute this year? Absolutely. But we're at a point now were we can stockpile talent, and imagine a bigger stronger version of those two. We are entering the Renaissance of Nebraska Basketball my friends...

McVeigh won't redshirt.

Interesting post game from Coach. He said he is going to have meetings with players about possible redshirts. Also, said he might have to play all 3 big men due to their fouling.

This is just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if McVeigh and Evelyn Redshirt. Could they contribute this year? Absolutely. But we're at a point now were we can stockpile talent, and imagine a bigger stronger version of those two. We are entering the Renaissance of Nebraska Basketball my friends...

McVeigh won't redshirt.

Yeah, you don't redshirt a guy who got a double-double in his first college action and who hit 38% from a deeper Euro three-point line during the Spain trip, especially when you need shooters. 

As much as I think Jack might benefit from a redshirt and be a huge stud in year 5, this team needs him enough right now that I can't see him sitting a year.

McVeigh won't redshirt.

Yeah, you don't redshirt a guy who got a double-double in his first college action and who hit 38% from a deeper Euro three-point line during the Spain trip, especially when you need shooters.

As much as I think Jack might benefit from a redshirt and be a huge stud in year 5, this team needs him enough right now that I can't see him sitting a year.

Jack will definitely be able to contribute meaningful minutes this season.

I have heard Evelyn could go either way. Not sure if they're going to leave it up to him or not.

I don't see any way that McVeigh redshirts this year. The team needs his length and his perimeter shooting. He's been hitting 39% of his threes in practice, FWIW. Doesn't mean he'll do it in games, but he can shoot. He also has a 7' wingspan, which is a defensive asset. Jack's a versatile player who offers too much to sit on the bench IMO.

I know we have mentioned "Jayskers" on here in a negative way.  Based off this discussion on Facebook from Kent posting a video highlights of the game. , I'd think Andrew White is the only legitimate Jaysker...and in a totally positive light.

Mike James: That's What An Authentic Jaysker Looks Like! #WhiteKnight

Kent Pavelka: Note: Mike's comment above refers to Andrew White: Jayhawk/Husker.

Mike James: A Young Man Switching Jerseys in November to Build A Legacy, Not Switching Sports to Jump on A Bandwagon....

They only two I see redshirting are Evelyn and Trueblood, but I think people who could USE a redshirt include Hammond, McVeigh (mostly for strength and weight), and Jacobson (haven't seen enough of him to know really). But I don't think those three will redshirt because we need them and they are good enough to contribute now. Hammond really should've redshirted last year (in retrospect) but we probably figured we would need him more last year than we did. Or a more honest way to put it would be - Miles didn't feel comfortable enough with him throughout the year to play him more than he played.