2016-17 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Much like what I've written earlier, this also appears to not be entirely discernible...  :huh:  :P  B)  :unsure:  :blink:  :lol:

I know you're somewhat joking, but to put it into words

Every year you play 18 games against 13 teams.

5 Home and Aways (10 games against 5 teams)

8 games either home or away (8 games against 8 teams)

Whatever teams you played home and away one year you won't play home and away the next.

And you'll play h/h with every time 5 times every 13 years...assuming the B1G stays at 14 teams.

That would be the smart way to do it, but that's also giving the B1G scheduler quite a bit of credit for thinking ahead.  ;) Hopefully that's how they're doing it.

An even easier way to do it would be to give each team a home and home "rival" - say NU and Iowa, Minny & Wisky, Indiana & Purdue, etc. You'd play your rival home and home every year. Then you'd play 4 of the other 12 teams home and home once every three years. Much simpler formula and better schedule. It's not good that we've only had Iowa at PBA once in 3 years - we should be playing Iowa home and home every year.

Throwback, that makes entirely too much sense; hence, it will never happen... ;)

And, yes, of course, I was kidding; I am making light of the ridiculousness of the B1G schedule format. And, as we all know, the move to 14 teams really jacked things up!!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Huskers!  Glad to see we'll be playing again.  I would love to see your new arena so I may try to make the trip.  

You won't regret the trip. Hopefully it's a Saturday night in December of 2017; the arena atmosphere will be at its apex vs KU that night, I'd imagine. GBR

I'd imagine it will be much tougher for KU fans to get tickets compared to the Devaney days.  Should still be plenty of blue in the PBA with alot of KU alumni in the area. 

Hi Huskers!  Glad to see we'll be playing again.  I would love to see your new arena so I may try to make the trip.  

You won't regret the trip. Hopefully it's a Saturday night in December of 2017; the arena atmosphere will be at its apex vs KU that night, I'd imagine. GBR

I'd imagine it will be much tougher for KU fans to get tickets compared to the Devaney days.  Should still be plenty of blue in the PBA with alot of KU alumni in the area. 

And, they're probably not averse to buying tix for B1G money for hoops. Kinda like Nebraska fans are for shelling out the B1G bucks for the gridiron... perhaps these games will be B1G games in the not too distant future. ;)

And, they're probably not averse to buying tix for B1G money for hoops. Kinda like Nebraska fans are for shelling out the B1G bucks for the gridiron... perhaps these games will be B1G games in the not too distant future. ;)

It won't be a big deal for them to just buy season tickets at PBA for that season - they're still cheaper than single game tickets at Allen Fieldhouse in most cases.

Otherwise, StubHub will be a great option as well.

I would expect to see 3 or 4 thousand KU fans minimum at PBA.

It won't be a big deal for them to just buy season tickets at PBA for that season - they're still cheaper than single game tickets at Allen Fieldhouse in most cases.

Otherwise, StubHub will be a great option as well.

I would expect to see 3 or 4 thousand KU fans minimum at PBA.

That is basically the same type of 'season ticket holder of opponent's team' that have followed the Husker football squad for a very long time.

BY BLAIR KERKHOFF

[email protected]

The ink isn’t dry on the contract, but Kansas and Nebraska are close to agreeing to play a two-year men’s basketball series that will begin in Lawrence next season with the return game in Lincoln during the 2017-18 season.

The Jayhawks and Cornhuskers met annually as conference members for more than a century until Nebraska joined the Big Ten after the 2010 season.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article59407583.html

Don. You do realize that in the dozen or so years that Self has been coach at KU, they've lost a TOTAL of 9 games at Allen, right?

They blow out top 25 competition at home on the reg. We are not ready. Now maybe when we get 'em in Lincoln we'll be closer to ready. But not in Lawrence.

Don. You do realize that in the dozen or so years that Self has been coach at KU, they've lost a TOTAL of 9 games at Allen, right?

They blow out top 25 competition at home on the reg. We are not ready. Now maybe when we get 'em in Lincoln we'll be closer to ready. But not in Lawrence.

So? I'd still go if I can. 

Me as well. GBR

Reason I added 'Win or Lose'  ;)    Sounds like there'd be some company (at least 'stu & AH); we'd probably see you there too!  We could cheers.gif (whether to celebrate; or commiserate) :)

Me as well. GBR

I'm planning on going.  Been to Allen Fieldhouse twice and would go back anytime I can.  It's an awesome atmosphere.  Don't care if NU gets blown out, I'll still be there.

• 3 weeks later...