Mi'Cole Cayton

Bugeaters1

From what I can gather one of the reasons Mi'Cole chose NU was that her boyfriend had committed to Colorado St in football and with her being in Lincoln, it would have been somewhat close to him. That was until last weekend when her boyfriend de-committed from Colorado St. Could that be a hit on our chances of getting her to re-commit? Not sure, but California has their top guard transferring out of their program and the lure of playing time there now is just a great as it is here. That being said she could play just about anywhere as she graduated right at the top of her class at St. Mary's.

A shitty reason to chose a school.

I agree that we will have to play with the players that are currently on the team but we seem to be short handed again.  

I to agree that we have got to play with what we have.  Since our guard experience consists of Esther, Woodie, Jaz & Maddie, I'm guessing we are going to see a lot of pressure defenses, probably full court.  Until we prove we can handle the pressure and get the ball up court in time for our bigs to make a play.  Should be interesting  

I agree that we will have to play with the players that are currently on the team but we seem to be short handed again.  

8 or 9 of the 12 has experience. Pretty much split guards, and bigs. We have strong post play.

How the newbies work out is the key.  If Williams can get the guard play to be effective, we can get some things done. That seems to be some of her specialty. She won the NIT against pretty good teams, without particularly strong post play.

Recruiting:

This is probably better placed in a new thread (and already talked about some) .....

But....It will take a couple years (maybe more) to get some recruiting classes in place, and then we'll see how well the William's and staff, can do on the recruiting trail.

If we can come out swinging this next year, and end up in the upper half of the league...it will help recruiting. It ain't rocket science.

Winning helps recruiting, along with establishing a relationship with players. 

So, as said before ...we'll see.

Cayton's going to play in Pinnacle Bank Arena after all next season. She committed to California tonight and will most likely be on California's bench when they come to Lincoln next season.

Doyle and Cayton play against us.  I hope we don't schedule Washington the next 3 years. 

Cayton's going to play in Pinnacle Bank Arena after all next season. She committed to California tonight and will most likely be on California's bench when they come to Lincoln next season.

Doyle and Cayton play against us.  I hope we don't schedule Washington the next 3 years. 

That could come to fruition sooner than you think HB. Washington is in the Pre-season WNIT this season along with the Huskers and there's a remote chance we might hook up there!

Doyle and Cayton play against us. I hope we don't schedule Washington the next 3 years.

That could come to fruition sooner than you think HB. Washington is in the Pre-season WNIT this season along with the Huskers and there's a remote chance we might hook up there!

But Romeo won't be suited this year. Now do they allow redshirt to travel?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Doyle and Cayton play against us. I hope we don't schedule Washington the next 3 years.

No- transfers do not travel.  However if we would end up playing Washington at their place she could/will be on their bench.

No- transfers do not travel.  However if we would end up playing Washington at their place she could/will be on their bench.

Unless she gets a waiver, right?

Anyone know the status of that?  Has the university assented to Natalie having a waiver to play this coming season?

No- transfers do not travel. However if we would end up playing Washington at their place she could/will be on their bench.

Anyone know the status of that? Has the university assented to Natalie having a waiver to play this coming season?

On what basis would the NCAA give Nat a wavier? Because of a regime change.

Anyone know the status of that?  Has the university assented to Natalie having a waiver to play this coming season?

The Huskies will apply for immediate eligibility for Romeo who as two seasons left. The Dawgs lost starting guard Alexus Atchley and leading 3-point shooter Talia Walton to graduation, making Romeo a great fit for the Huskies.

“We will pursue every available avenue to seek immediate eligibility to ensure her the best student-athlete experience for Natalie,” said Neighbors.    

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=210964200

Probably won't know until Sept or Oct.

Does Nebraska have any say in that matter?

Might be wrong, but as I understand it, if a Div 1 player leaves because of a coaching change, it's possible to play immediately in another Div. 1. But that's up to the NCAA to grant.

(that's all after the school the player was at...granted her release..... so that was their say in the matter. (like Romeo))

Women's volleyball had a girl voluntarily come here from another Div 1 school, but that school would not give her a release, so she had to sit a year. (will be able to play this year)

If a player leaves a Div. 1 school  "voluntarily", then they have to sit a year in Division 1. (go to a Div 2 school (or what ever they call it now) ....and you can play immediately.)

That's for mostly for men's anyway...women's sports could be different ?