Jan 1 2013 - Ask Coach Miles Via Twitter

hhcmatt

Miles to Hold Twitter Chat With Fans

Lincoln -- With the start of Big Ten play on Wednesday, Nebraska men's basketball coach Tim Miles will hold another twitter fan chat tomorrow afternoon.

Fans can submit questions in advance for the chat by using the hashtag #AskCoachMiles or submit questions on the Husker basketball Facebook page (Facebook.com/NebraskaBasketball).

Coach Miles will answer questions upon the team's arrival in Columbus Tuesday afternoon and reply on his Twitter page http://twitter.com/coachmiles). The team is scheduled to arrive in Columbus by 2:30 p.m. (central).

The Huskers are 9-4 on the season heading into Wednesday's Big Ten opener at Ohio State. Nebraska will host Wisconsin in its Big Ten home opener Sunday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.

Questions so far...you probably have until 3pm CST to get yours in

CBTJ Activities @CBTJActivities

#AskCoachMiles What plans do you have for building relationships with local high school programs? Camps, clinics, etc. Always welcome in CB!

Details

3h

h5z9pp04cpctf8s7jo2p_normal.jpeg

sam potter @sam_potter9

#AskCoachMiles @CoachMileswhat's your favorite food?

Details

3h

bd95ab506d89de8eee6e0361c69c45a3_normal.jpeg

Ethan Hardin @goinHARDINhere

#AskCoachMiles @CoachMilesWhen are we going to Canes? You know I'm buying. There's nothing better than free Canes.

Details

4h

8c2d8600204085c75359fa3464b748e8_normal.jpeg

Amanda Lewis @AmandaL988

What is the biggest challenge you see for the team facing the Big Ten Conference games coming up? #AskCoachMiles

Details

4h

MBB_vs._Texas-SB_330_normal.JPG

Nebraska Hoops Blog @HuskerHoops

Have a question for@CoachMiles, he will answer them later today if you use#AskCoachMiles bit.ly/TtjdYz#Huskers

Details

19h

447c42f6c428a24becfcbbf8991fdc1f_normal.jpeg

Fire Tim Miles @FireTimMiles

#AskCoachMiles dear coach miles, is there a 60 point shot? We might need to look into it before we play Ohio St and Michigan. GBR nfm

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles do you think an itemized deduction or the standard deduction would be better for me this year?

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles what was Mr. Almeida's last cholesterol check look like? Can't have out hogmollies having heart attacks out there GBR!

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles Dear coach, will nebrasketball be invited to a bowl game this year? I cant remember last time we played in the postseason.

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles Dear coach Miles, how is your and coach Jamrog's walkon class shaping up? If they can bale hay they can box out well GBR

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles Dear coach Miles, our former basketball coach and athletic director were Doctors. Do you have any form of medical training?

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles uglier facility to play ball in: Devaney or Corn Palace?

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles If you lost to Wisconsin by 39 in the conference title game, what would be your first tweet post-game?

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles on a scale of 1-100 how badly do you want to fire Barney Cotton?

Details

19h

#AskCoachMiles Dear coach, twitter says your first name is Tim but every time I talk to coach Bo he calls you "Nerd". Which is it? GBR NFM

Details

20h

bd95ab506d89de8eee6e0361c69c45a3_normal.jpeg

Ethan Hardin @goinHARDINhere

Canes next week coach? RT@HuskerHoops: Have a question for @CoachMiles, he will answer them on Tuesday if you use #AskCoachMiles

Details

21h

6l9wffhmds88ngnxwk62_normal.jpeg

Zach Peterson @MidwestDrummer

Hey, @CoachMiles. Doc was a Mountain Dew guy. So fill us in. When you're parched, what is your go-to beverage of choice?#AskCoachMiles

• Retweet
  • Favorite
  • More options

Details

Yeah...saw a summary of the questions asked.  They gave us the option to ask on Facebook as well...so I asked a question about shooting and his ideas on ways to improve.  Guess asking him what his favorite food was a tad more important.  Maybe I should have asked "What is your favorite type of ice cream or how do you get the players to become more confident at the free throw line?"

Here are the question/answers...I didn't have the time to pull them from twitter directly so these are from Huskers.com

https://twitter.com/CoachMiles/status/286231451157020672

• 1) Doc was a Mountain Dew guy. So fill us in. When you're parched, what is your go-to beverage of choice? 
    G2 either Red or Purple
  • 2) What is the biggest challenge you see for the team facing the Big Ten Conference games coming up? 
    We know we are underdogs many nights out, but we can't play like underdogs, we have to a fighting mentality every time out.
  • 3) What's your favorite food?
    Pizza first, followed closely by past and steak
  • 4) What plans do you have for building relationships with local high school programs? Camps, clinics, etc. Always welcome in CB!
    We try to open our practices in preseason, have clinics for coaches and have camps. We want to build relationships w/coaches in the region.
  • 5) Does your kids favor watching basketball or football?
    My son indicated last week he wanted to play pro football but at his size, he will likely be a slot receiver. My daughter is a basketball expert on officiating
  • 6) How much statistical analysis do you use? FTR, eFG%, etc.
    I use advanced stats daily...There is probably a two percent chance I do it too much. KenPom is my favorite site
  • 7) Depth down low is an issue. Would you take any football players to increase numbers? 
    I've done it in the past, and would do it again in the future.
  • •8)       Will Vucetic see more playing time in Big Ten play if our bigs get in foul trouble?
    Certainly
  • 9) What's been your favorite game so far?
    Anyone that ends in a W. I would say USC, fun crowd and played well
  • 10)   Who's your favorite, Lil Red or Herbie?" 
    THAT'S A TOUGH CALL
  • 11) Who influenced you most in terms of you offensive and defensive philosophies? 
    Probably starting out...Bob Olson at Northern State with his motion offense and man-to-man defense
  • 12) Do you see your team playing a more uptempo game next year 
    I would like to play faster in the future
  • 13) How many (B1G) wins do you think your team will get this season???"
    Our Srs want 8 in B1G, gotta figure out how to get there
  • 14) What role can the basketball program have in engaging UNL students?
    First and foremost, playing exciting basketball so the students have fan at games
  • 15) Phone or ipad or something else for halftime tweets?" 
    Ask @LeftyShamus he does it (ed. Note, it is an iPhone)
  • 16) What advice would you give someone on how to get into collegiate basketball coaching?
    It's not all glitz and glamour. There is a lot of sacrifice and it is more competitive than ever to break in
  • 17) What are the top 3 traits you look for in a recruit? 
    Skill, athleticism and competiveness
  • 18) When do we get a #Nebrasketball hashtag at half court? Or just live twitter feed on bigscreen at the game? 
    As soon as its trademarked #Nebrasketball
  • 19) What position do you expect Walter Pitchford to play next season?? " 
    EITHER FORWARD SPOT
  • 20) How much do you bench?
    Enough to open a metal door on a windy day
  • 21) When are we going to Canes? You know I'm buying. There's nothing better than free Canes. 
    I'm more of a pizza and pasta guy and have not been to Canes yet
  • 22) How much does your gameplan change from game to game based on the opponent? 
    Some, but you can't get away from what you do best and practice every day, but you can't vary it too much

https://twitter.com/CoachMiles/status/286236224082042880

A couple follow-up questions:

1.  "7) Depth down low is an issue. Would you take any football players to increase numbers? 
I've done it in the past, and would do it again in the future."    

Presumably, this season is not "in the future"?

2.  "19) What position do you expect Walter Pitchford to play next season?? 
EITHER FORWARD SPOT"

What about the center spot--is that a "forward spot"?