Seat Yourself Process

REDZONEDAN

This sounds like an ordeal. I'm glad I moved down to 200 level from what would have been the top of 300 level the first season in PBA. I'm guessing baring any major life event or sudden major ticket increase, I'll be sitting in these seats until they pry the tickets from my cold dead fingers.

Same here. I got almost the exact seats I wanted. I intend to keep them for a very long time. That decision to not give up my $99 tickets six years ago was the right one.

Given that the results on the home floor last year were very poor, is anyone else surprised that a) relatively few season tickets were not renewed and B) the seats that were available in the lower levels were snatched up almost immediately? Maybe I undersold our fanbase.

That or our fans are hoping the taps start flowing this November at PBA - LOL.

Just to be clear I am opposed to the sale of alcohol at any NU sporting event in Lincoln.

Random question: When i had good season tickets, I still had trouble scalping them for many games on those rare occasions when our family couldn't use them. I decided to opt for keeping my good football tickets instead since they always can be resold for face value (or more) when we can't go. Were the basketball tickets still easy to market last year, or were they available for less than cost for some games? And since this site is anonymous, are scalpers monitored any more closely in front of the Pinnacle than they were at BDSC?

Random question: When i had good season tickets, I still had trouble scalping them for many games on those rare occasions when are family couldn't use them. I decided to opt for keeping my good football tickets instead since they always can be resold for face value (or more) when we can't go. Were the basketball tickets still easy to market last year, or were they available for less than cost for some games? And since this site is anonymous, are scalpers monitored any more closely in front of the Pinnacle than they were at BDSC?

I have midcourt seats and when we were still over at THE BOB and Sadler was the coach, I couldn't give my seats away.  Since then, I've only had to sell my seats a few times since we've been at PBA and Miles is the coach and I've had not problem at all selling them.  I even sold them above face value each time as had several people interested.  When the place is sold out, the demand for tickets becomes greater.  I've found that NU basketball tickets are becoming a very hot item since Miles has taken over.

Random question: When i had good season tickets, I still had trouble scalping them for many games on those rare occasions when are family couldn't use them. I decided to opt for keeping my good football tickets instead since they always can be resold for face value (or more) when we can't go. Were the basketball tickets still easy to market last year, or were they available for less than cost for some games? And since this site is anonymous, are scalpers monitored any more closely in front of the Pinnacle than they were at BDSC?

Super easy to sell with PBA being integrated with stubhub. Just scan your ticket with your phone, set your price, and wait for your money to show up. All without paper, wires, or the hassle of needing to meet someone face to face for an exchange. I also had the same problem as others trying to get rid of Devaney tickets. I would walk up the ramp, often times right to the short line of people purchasing tickets, and still couldn't even hand people free tickets.

How good the crowds are will depend on a few factors -

1. How well we start the season off, if it's so-so or bad then there'll be some empty seats.

2. Start times - If we're loaded up with late starting games some folks will skip weeknights as it gets late for anyone not living in Lincoln to get back home.

3. Weather - Always the wild card, you never know when winter sets in here in Nebraska.

How good the crowds are will depend on a few factors -

1. How well we start the season off, if it's so-so or bad then there'll be some empty seats.

2. Start times - If we're loaded up with late starting games some folks will skip weeknights as it gets late for anyone not living in Lincoln to get back home.

3. Weather - Always the wild card, you never know when winter sets in here in Nebraska.

also depends on how well businesses do at using their allotment.  A good number of seats in the 100 level are corporate seats...that's why there's occasionally seats open down on the floor.

• 1 year later...

I believe it starts on Monday (you should have an e-mail with information by Friday), which is eclipse day so I'll have to use my son's computer to see what's available even though I don't think I'll change seats because I'm in a pretty good location as it is now.

To me this whole seat yourself thing sounds like a giant game of musical chairs for some reason. I got super lucky, when we moved into PBA I inquired about moving down from the cheap seats. It was sheer luck we ended up with almost perfect seats for us. I have no inclination of moving until I'm rich enough to have a suite which at the current pace will never happen.