Rex Swett, Husker BB 1959-62, RIP

Red Don

I didn't know him but some Old-timers may remember Rex Swett from the early 60s!

A resident of Lakewood, CO,he practiced dentistry in Evergreen, Co for several years, retiring in 1998, passing away on Sunday at the age of 76..

A natural athlete, he went on to win several senior tennis titles, a champion swing dancer with his partner and even won a national pool playing championship in the mid 2000's. RIP.

Recent Article:

http://www.plainsman.com/v2_news_articles.php?story_id=10114&page=74

Husker Archives:

Recently, I talked to Rex Swett........ He told me they had beaten KU twice AT KU! Not many ballplayers can say that!  Karen Bush Hoiberg, Ames, Iowa

I appreciate you putting this on the board - I would have not known otherwise.  I was in the same dental school class as Rex and played a good deal of BB with him. 

He was a tremendous athlete and always full of life and fun.  If you have or find any other information about his passing or obit I would appreciate you posting it.  I will always remember his infectious smile.  Thanks.