Kathleen Doyle was at one time all "N"

Row6Seat10

Welcome Kathleen!

Our first 2016 recruit gave her commitment to the Huskers today!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-girls-basketball-benet-point-guard-kathleen-doyle-commits-orally-to-nebraska-20150615-story.html

Benet junior point guard Kathleen Doyle had one important task that required immediate attention before embarking Friday on a 10-day mission trip to Guatemala: She had to commit to a college.

Doyle, a third-team All-State selection by the Tribune, scratched making that decision off her to-do list Monday by pledging an oral commitment to Nebraska.

Doyle said she picked Nebraska over Indiana, Wake Forest and Marquette.

“Nebraska is one of the first schools that I visited and I loved it from the beginning,” she said. “I think they see me as a point guard and they are excited about my potential and I’m looking forward to doing whatever I can to try and help the program with a winning tradition.”

Another article where Kathleen Doyal talks about her decision to verbal the Huskers.

The 5-foot-9 Doyle, who led Benet to its first girls basketball state championship in March, had several dozen scholarship offers. After the season, she narrowed down her choices and picked Nebraska over Marquette, Wake Forest, Dayton, DePaul and Northwestern.

"It was a great problem to have," Doyle said. "I went into it with an open mind."

"I felt like Nebraska was the right fit for me," Doyle said. "The coaching staff is great and the people there are really passionate about women's basketball.

"They have a passion for the game and I hope I can add to their winning tradition."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/naperville-sun/sports/ct-nvs-girls-basketball-benet-kathleen-doyle-st-0617-20150616-story.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Big day for Husker recruit Kathleen Doyal yesterday! First a home visit with NU Coach Amy Stephens!

CPyKyMkUEAA5I-r.jpg

Then it's getting named Homecoming Queen for Benet Academy!

11887227_681446858656127_1669582649_n.jp

Unless Coach Stephens is wearing heels or something is going on with the photography, Kathleen is not 5'9" as listed 

Those eyebrows aren't real are they?

Big day for Husker recruit Kathleen Doyal yesterday! First a home visit with NU Coach Amy Stephens!

CPyKyMkUEAA5I-r.jpg

Unless Coach Stephens is wearing heels or something is going on with the photography, Kathleen is not 5'9" as listed 

I was wondering the same thing.

CPyKyMkUEAA5I-r.jpg

How many tweezers do you suppose he goes through in a year? 

He's probably like 1 week of non-plucking away from a unibrow.  At all times.  How'd you like that hanging over your head?

On the other hand, as far as Kathleen, she sure "cleans up well" as we used to say.

• 1 month later...

Definitely a high level point guard, floor general If you will...In the LIndsey (sp) Moore mold. BBall high IQ.

Not necessary a big scorer, but can lead the team. Has very good essential skills....dribbling, passing, and is very good at setting up plays for the offense.  Making things go.

I didn't have time to watch all the video.....so didn't see if she shoots the three.

Seems to thrive on pressure defense.

Great recruit Connie !

• 1 month later...