Kathleen Doyle was at one time all "N"

Row6Seat10

Even though Vandy let their coaching staff go, I think they're still very much in play for Kathleen. Should they make a quick hire and it be a slam dunk it would create a really difficult decision for Kathleen if the new coach wanted to pursue her. I don't expect a commitment out of Kathleen in the near future or at least until the new Vanderbilt coach has been hired. Basically right now Vandy is in the same boat as the Huskers depending on that hire.  

One thing the Huskers have though for a player of her caliber, is the lure of immediate playing time and most likely a lot of it.

Vandy's options:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/04/27/vanderbilt-womens-coach-options--state-ties/83599122/

Lot's of options !

I really do not think people are taking into account how it feels to be an incoming freshman and find out the coach you planned to go and play for is not going to be at the school anymore.  While you should pick a school because you could see yourself there as a student, I think that based on Doyle's options before deciding on Nebraska there were many schools that she could see herself at.  And if it comes to Big 10 schools which in some cases are very close in perceived experience the coaching staff will play a huge part in how things play out.

Initially Doyle had thoughts of going to an Ivy League schools but over time the opportunity to play big time basketball at a quality academic school started to impact the decision.  Two schools of note that Doyle was interested in included Stanford and Vanderbilt.

This time around believe it or not almost every school that recruited Doyle the first go around still had a scholarship for her and a lot of it had to do with how she treated everyone through the process.  Yori's resignation has opened the floodgates of opportunity with close to 25 schools wanting an opportunity to recruit Doyle again.

As a player and family you have to work on a timeline that feels best for said family.  This is huge decision and if more players took their time to decide you would find fewer transfers.

Whoever get's Doyle will be getting a player who will be there for the long haul...................

I really do not think people are taking into account how it feels to be an incoming freshman and find out the coach you planned to go and play for is not going to be at the school anymore................. 

Initially Doyle had thoughts of going to an Ivy League schools but over time the opportunity to play big time basketball at a quality academic school started to impact the decision.  Two schools of note that Doyle was interested in included Stanford and Vanderbilt.

This time around believe it or not almost every school that recruited Doyle the first go around still had a scholarship for her and a lot of it had to do with how she treated everyone through the process.  Yori's resignation has opened the floodgates of opportunity with close to 25 schools wanting an opportunity to recruit Doyle again............................

As a player and family you have to work on a timeline that feels best for said family.  This is huge decision and if more players took their time to decide you would find fewer transfers.

Whoever get's Doyle will be getting a player who will be there for the long haul...................

Hear! Hear!  We fans are all understandably upset at how things have gone down in the WBB program, but we are merely 'inconvenienced' at having to wait to see the outcome(s).

Yet this is nothing compared to the incoming recruits (and existing players) having their world 'turned upside-down' and finding out all of your due diligence in selecting a school/program is now 'out the window.'  So is your emotional investment in your selection, and with the knowledge that to some extent you are going to have to do it all over again.  All the while time is fleeting before you must make an enrollment decision.

I cannot fault anyone who makes a different decision because of the changed circumstances (but at the same time I applaud those who have re-confirmed their decision for whatever reasons they may have).

I am encouraged we are so fortunate as to have a vibrant, vivacious coach just off a WNIT championship season, who also happens to be an alum of the program, come in to pick up the pieces.  I am also encouraged by the increasing academic standing of UNL by virtue of being a part of the Big Ten, and our continuing efforts to provide a quality education.

thanks norm. if someone has a minute, please explain to me how to post the actual tweet? i thought i figured it out but no go. 

It's really pretty easy.  When you start to type a post, there are rows of icons above the area where you enter the text.  Y'know, bold, italics, etc.  About 1/3 of the way over from the left, there are two icons that look like chain links, one broken, the other not.  When you post a tweet in a post, you're really just posting a link.  If you want the tweet to show up rather than looking like a link, you have to "unlink."  Which means you have to click on the link to the tweet and then click on the "unlink" icon.  That will make your tweet show up in the post.

thanks norm. if someone has a minute, please explain to me how to post the actual tweet? i thought i figured it out but no go. 

It's really pretty easy.  When you start to type a post, there are rows of icons above the area where you enter the text.  Y'know, bold, italics, etc.  About 1/3 of the way over from the left, there are two icons that look like chain links, one broken, the other not.  When you post a tweet in a post, you're really just posting a link.  If you want the tweet to show up rather than looking like a link, you have to "unlink."  Which means you have to click on the link to the tweet and then click on the "unlink" icon.  That will make your tweet show up in the post.

Now go practice what Norm has taught you.

Now go practice what Norm has taught you.

-_-  <_<  :D

Quite the honor and a nerve wracking one at that for Kathleen tonight as she gets to throw out the first pitch prior the Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres game tonight at Wrigley. Winning Miss Basketball Illinois has it's perks and this is one she'll never forget!

Also, sounds like Iowa could be backing off some due to saving some scholarships for the future. Indiana could very well be in the same boat as they only have one open scholarship as of right now. Let's continue to keep our fingers crossed!!

https://t.co/mxfoKrxOX2