NU women cruising after early bump

Row6Seat10

What happened next might propel the Huskers back into the big season they planned.

The World herald has an article in today's paper that provides some insight on the possible return of "where they want to be" for the Husker women's basketball team. Careful as I think the link I'm going to provide may require a subscription to read it for some. LINK

What happened next might propel the Huskers back into the big season they planned.

The World herald has an article in today's paper that provides some insight on the possible return of "where they want to be" for the Husker women's basketball team. Careful as I think the link I'm going to provide may require a subscription to read it for some. LINK

Try this one if the one row6s wont work.

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/huskers_hq/nu-women-on-roll-after-rough-start/article_aefe86de-4cc6-11e2-91cc-001a4bcf887a.html

Players of the Week

Jordan Hooper, Nebraska

6-2, Jr., F, Alliance, Neb./Alliance

• Finished with a game-high 33 points in just 25 minutes of action to lead Nebraska to an 80-67 victory over Oral Roberts on Thursday

• Shot 56.5 percent (13-of-23) from the field, including 5-of-10 from 3-point range, also bringing down nine rebounds

Wins her first Big Ten Player of the Week award this season and third of her career

• Last Nebraska Player of the Week: Jordan Hooper (Jan. 2, 2012)

Minnesota, Nebraska Earn Big Ten Weekly Honors

2nd honor in as many weeks.

Freshman of the Week

Rachel Theriot, Nebraska

6-0, G, Middleburg Heights, Ohio/Midpark

• Scored 12 points in just 23 minutes to help Nebraska defeat Grambling State on Saturday

• Added three steals, three assists and three rebounds, while shooting 55.6 percent (5-of-9) from the floor, including 2-of-5 from long range

• Claims her first Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor

• Last Nebraska Freshman of the Week: Emily Cady (Jan. 23, 2012)

lhttp://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/123112aab.html