Keanu Pinder has decomitted and opened up his recruitment

Actually, I see this decommit as an indication that he started to become the player we were hoping we'd be getting when he committed to us in the first place.  Now he thinks he's hot number 2 and thinks he can land a better offer.

Good luck to him.  I guess.

The guy averaged 6 points a game this year in JUCO ball.  He may end up being that player...but as for his results on the playing court nothing says high major to me.  He didn't commit to Nebraska.  He committed to Coach Harriman.  Maybe he thinks he can land a better offer....as a Nebraska fan, I feel like we can land a better prospect now.  So, win win I suppose. 

That's across an entire season.  By year's end, he'd worked his way into the starting lineup.  In his last 4 games, he averaged 8.75 pts and 10 rebounds.  On a team that featured a very high scoring Deshawn Freeman.  He'll be one of their featured players next year.  Look for those averages to go up.

As a starter for 17 games he averaged 10.4 pts, 8.3 reb, 1.6 steals, and 2.35 blocks.  He definitely would have been an athletic addition to the team.  He would probably be a better fit for a MWC school because he will probably have to play the 4 with his skill set and I cannot say he would do that well in the b1G playing that position but would have welcomed him to see it play out for 2 years.

That's also as a freshman, rather than a sophomore.  And productivity among jucos usually increases significantly from freshman to sophomore year.

• 9 months later...