Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Sequel

Cip,

With tears in my eyes and love in my heart, for someone I have never met, yet I feel like I have known for several years, I wish Seth and you the best in this struggle.

If I can offer more than a ray of hope, I have a friend that had a leukemia struggle 30+ years ago. I am going to see her this weekend...so I know there is certainly a reason to hope.

We all wish you the best!

I. Can't express enough the words that cip speaks of. I have Co worker that has had breast cancer beat that and now is fighting throat cancer. She comes to work everyday and does her job know g that she doesn't feel the best. So far she has won cip. So keep your head up and thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I second the motion.  Enjoy every sandwich.  They usually go better with beer.  So, enjoy every beer, too.

Cip, I remember you and I celebrating with Jimmy his 5-year, all clear, cancer-free date. 

You have to celebrate the victories because the people you love don't always win.

I look forward to celebrating with you again when your son wins.

In the meantime, you and he have my prayers.

You know, one of the things I appreciate about this board is that it doesn't really matter whether we know each other "in real life" or not. It's still a community and while we might bicker about nonsensical things (of course it's a common interest and discussing them is why message boards exist, but in the long run, does it REALLY matter who starts at the 4 next year?), when it really hits the fan, we care about our own.

Hang in there, friend. You have our prayers and we'll all celebrate on the other side of it. God is good.

Thanks, everyone for the warm words and prayers.  You all mean a lot to me.  Last night I forgot to state the main reason why I posted this.  I truly consider everyone here as part of my family.  I've met many on this board, in fact, when we did a meet and greet at Barry's a few years back, those in attendance met Seth.  He went with me and was very impressed how nice everyone was. 

We have something very special here.  It's cool we all got together around a program that notoriously sucks.  But, just like Seth's, their best days are still ahead!  I'll give updates from time to time.  Potentially, down the road, he might need a bone marrow transplant.  How cool would it be if his match was Christian Standhardinger.  :)

Thanks, everyone for the warm words and prayers.  You all mean a lot to me.  Last night I forgot to state the main reason why I posted this.  I truly consider everyone here as part of my family.  I've met many on this board, in fact, when we did a meet and greet at Barry's a few years back, those in attendance met Seth.  He went with me and was very impressed how nice everyone was. 

We have something very special here.  It's cool we all got together around a program that notoriously sucks.  But, just like Seth's, their best days are still ahead!  I'll give updates from time to time.  Potentially, down the road, he might need a bone marrow transplant.  How cool would it be if his match was Christian Standhardinger.  :)

If you need a donor I'd be willing to see if I'm a match.

We have something very special here.  It's cool we all got together around a program that notoriously sucks.  But, just like Seth's, their best days are still ahead!  I'll give updates from time to timePotentially, down the road, he might need a bone marrow transplant.  How cool would it be if his match was Christian Standhardinger.  :)

There's probably some DNA on some undershorts in an evidence locker downtown if you wanted to find out ...

Might have some lipstick on it.

Cip: I am finally back on line after moving from one house to another and am so sorry to read this thread. I'm sure having a son enduring what he is going through is much more devastating than what I experienced. I am honored that you remembered my book and can only hope that your son's situation has as fortuitous a conclusion as my own. I have no words of wisdom other than to trust in God and to keep your sense of humor which always brings a ray of sunshine when the rains come. I found that posting on this sports site and being honest with those whom I did not personally know helped me keep grounded and truly appreciate the genuine kind feelings and generosity we all carry within. I'll put you and your family in my prayers.