"We're going to find someone good." Check.

Sounds like this guy can coach a bit also. If you read his one bio on The University's webpage he was the lead "coach" when they went on their big run the year that they went to the final four. Said his games they where like 11-1 I think. So that would be an added addition if he likes or can coach offense.

Here it is, it was on GatorZone:

http://www.gatorzone.com/basketball/men/staff/burno

Well it wouldn't hurt that he might bring in some bigger time guys. :)

Random place to put this random though: the line between us not being able to find enough players and finding too many players is a narrow one.

That's a deep random thought. Is it also a cryptic deep random thought? Like, both Florida bailees want a spot here and we only have one current opening?

Random place to put this random though: the line between us not being able to find enough players and finding too many players is a narrow one.

That's a deep random thought. Is it also a cryptic deep random thought? Like, both Florida bailees want a spot here and we only have one current opening?

If they both want a spot, I have a feeling we would be able to make room.

If they both want a spot, I have a feeling we would be able to make room.

Is it a gut feeling?

This is looking like an incredible hire.  It's amazing how much better this squad would look with another 4* big.  I mean... we could make some serious noise with a complete squad.  I think we'll be a lot better next year anyway, but MAN.  

Regardless if we land a big though, I love the hire.  Keep that Chicago pipeline going with footprint in SEC/East Coast territory.  I'll take that over international ties forever.    

Cryptic? I read every single post in this forum and honestly I'm not actually sure of the origin of this latest inside joke. I have zero information regarding any of the recent Florida de-commits and little reason to think they would come to Nebraska unless one of them has a great connection with Burno. However, what if one of them does? So this thought somewhat related to landing a new assistant but once again I personally have zero indication that any of these de-commits are even considering Nebraska or heck...even heard of Nebraska.

This statement is me being pragmatic. ATM we have one spot open. Next year ATM we have just one open spot. Landing a new guy would mean zero open spots until 2017-18. We're in on some big time centers in 2016. What happens if we are able to land one and we don't have a spot? Miles hasn't ever been the guy who oversigns...otherwise he would have probably landed both Akoy and McVeigh this last winter and just waited for the attrition that always occurs.

Some people worry about not having enough guys on scholarship. Given that not having spots available for kids you would like to sign is also a problem then maybe not having enough guys on scholarship isn't the worst thing in the world. That's why I think there is 0.0% chance we sign any JUCO guys even if it means eating another scholarship for a year.

I watched some film of Dickerson.  He's a really solid prospect--definitely power 5 level, but I wouldn't put him in the "elite" category.  Because of that, I'd guess we have a pretty good shot at him at this stage assuming he has a good relationship with Burno.  I think he's going to be a solid 4-year big anywhere he goes because his body is ready immediately, which is really ideal for us.  

Looks like there is a chance....

http://www.onlygators.com/08/17/2014/pf-noah-dickerson-commits-to-florida-gators-billy-donovan/

Donovan played a big role in Dickerson’s commitment but so did Florida assistant coach Rashon Burno, who was hot on the big man’s trail throughout the summer. The Gators like his ability to score in the low post and rebound on both ends of the court.

“Coach Burno was my recruiter, and I talked to him all the time. He was always calling to check on me. The entire staff really helped recruit me; I talked to all the assistant coaches. They all made me feel like I was at home, and I became more confident in my decision,” he said.

I think Pinder leaves which opens up 1. You get the talent when you can. If we land a guy and someone transfers, so what. What if you land both, would you trade Fuller for an open scholarship in 16?

Is this just a gut feeling?  Everything I have read continues to reference Pinder as Nebraska bound.  Certainly with Harriman leaving, we lose that Australian/New Zealand contact, but we still have Tai and McVeigh...that may mean something to Pinder.

Sounds like this guy can coach a bit also. If you read his one bio on The University's webpage he was the lead "coach" when they went on their big run the year that they went to the final four. Said his games they where like 11-1 I think. So that would be an added addition if he likes or can coach offense.

Here it is, it was on GatorZone:

http://www.gatorzone.com/basketball/men/staff/burno

Well it wouldn't hurt that he might bring in some bigger time guys. :)

Not to rain on your parade, and he may well be able to coach well.  Hopefully he can.  But he was not the lead "coach" in those games.  He was the lead scout on the opponent.  Big difference between coaching and scouting an opponent.  And the record in the games he was the scout doesn't mean very much.  As good as Florida was, anyone could have been the scout and they would have still had great record in those games.