"We're going to find someone good." Check.

I think they go hand in hand more than you are suggesting here.  His preference for playing slow methodical basketball does concern me a little bit.  I think it negatively impacts our offensive confidence, and if the trend continues, I worry that stagnant offensive basketball will lead to tougher recruiting.  And I liked our defense better in the previous season as well.  Maybe it was guys playing harder.  But we had great rotations, AND great ball pressure, rather than being packed in quite so much. 

The last two national champions won in part with swarming defense guard play.  I prefer that to letting the offense be somewhat comfortable. 

This is how I would define the two:

Gameplanning: How we're going to attack and defend to beat a team

In game coaching: The adjustments to our gameplan to counter the success of the other team

Any of our coaches might excel at one vs the other.

However, I think you're talking about our offensive and defensive foundation/philosophy in general though and how much of an influence Mo has on that. Subsequently, our gameplanning and in game coaching is typically going through the specifics on how we're going to implement that overall philosophy.

I disagree that a team that is slow and defensive minded is automatically going to lack in confidence on offense and I can spit out numbers all day to back that up. There are plenty of teams that run what we did on defense last year who were very successful. I think you could make a very good argument that we needed to give up some defensive efficiency to make up for our lack of offensive efficiency or just general shooting skill.

I think we have a problem if our personnel would be better suited to play a uptempo game and/or a pressure defense but we continue to slow play and/or play a pack defense because "that is what we do."

I think they go hand in hand more than you are suggesting here.  His preference for playing slow methodical basketball does concern me a little bit.  I think it negatively impacts our offensive confidence, and if the trend continues, I worry that stagnant offensive basketball will lead to tougher recruiting.  And I liked our defense better in the previous season as well.  Maybe it was guys playing harder.  But we had great rotations, AND great ball pressure, rather than being packed in quite so much. 

The last two national champions won in part with swarming defense guard play.  I prefer that to letting the offense be somewhat comfortable. 

This is how I would define the two:

Gameplanning: How we're going to attack and defend to beat a team

In game coaching: The adjustments to our gameplan to counter the success of the other team

Any of our coaches might excel at one vs the other.

However, I think you're talking about our offensive and defensive foundation/philosophy in general though and how much of an influence Mo has on that. Subsequently, our gameplanning and in game coaching is typically going through the specifics on how we're going to implement that overall philosophy.

I disagree that a team that is slow and defensive minded is automatically going to lack in confidence on offense and I can spit out numbers all day to back that up. There are plenty of teams that run what we did on defense last year who were very successful. I think you could make a very good argument that we needed to give up some defensive efficiency to make up for our lack of offensive efficiency or just general shooting skill.

I think we have a problem if our personnel would be better suited to play a uptempo game and/or a pressure defense but we continue to slow play and/or play a pack defense because "that is what we do."

I agree with all of this.  I would add that if Miles is going to go small, one should join that with a more uptempo system to leverage the advantages that playing more smaller guys provides.  Maybe even work in a full court press defensively.  If you both go small and play slow, I see that as a recipe for defeat in conference play and against high major programs.