"We're going to find someone good." Check.

Thanks for those who at least provided a name!  Norm (and others much younger than me) when y'all find information on social media, you've got to remember that a number of us don't partake with those things.  Far too often, and not just on this board, it seems to be assumed that everyone is social media savvy and, at least in my case, it is simply not true.

I'm sorry, I don't like being "that guy" who has the secret.  It's just that I was excited about the news but not necessarily in a position to divulge all the details.  I figured letting people know that a candidate has been selected to fill the vacancy might have others joining me in the excitement.  And I figured an announcement would be forthcoming soon enough so that I didn't need to play "I have a secret" for very long. 

Plus, we've been having fun with the whole "cryptic" thing and this played into that. 

Sorry.  Let's just pretend we don't have anyone hired.  Certainly no one from a Power 5 conference school. 

And I'll just let Bryan Rosenthal have all the thunder.

Heh, thunder...I see what you did there Norm!

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag I guess it's not so much fun anymore.

So....what do we know about Burno?  He got any 2015 5* kids coming with him???

:D

Thanks for those who at least provided a name!  Norm (and others much younger than me) when y'all find information on social media, you've got to remember that a number of us don't partake with those things.  Far too often, and not just on this board, it seems to be assumed that everyone is social media savvy and, at least in my case, it is simply not true.

Birds,

You can rest assured that social media stuff that is relevant to Husker Hoops will be posted here pretty much at the same time it appears on twitter, Facebook, etc. etc.  No need to be savvy, your fellow Husker fans here will keep you up to date.

Norm didn't have access to any special stuff on social media or anything, he was just privy to some insider info (possibly word of mouth even) and didn't want to "scoop" Brian Rosenthal who we pretty much defer to around here to break big news.

It's also kind of a running inside joke around here from back when the Doc firing was imminent...nothing is official until Brian Rosenthal tweets it.  :)

I see this as a homerun hire. What is the B1G recruiting footprint? This guy is from Jersey City and played for Bob Hurley. He went to college in Chicago. He coached at Manhattan and was hired by Billy Donovan to be an assistant at Florida. His stomping grounds are rich with prospects. And there's a good bet he knows offense.

come on.  just give us the name please.  For those of us not on twitter, or any other social media for that matter, we are at a disadvantage.  Just stop playing the kindergarten games of "I know something you don't know."  It is just plain childish.

Sorry to have held you in suspense for a whole 5 hours.  :rolleyes:

This wasn't an on social media thing until just recently and as 49er indicated, if something does show up elsewhere like that, it's information that is immediately posted here like this which confirms what is starting to filter out.

Burno isn't official yet but unless something screwy happens it's an inevitability.

BTW, this is yet again another ambitious assistant coach

Since leaving a 3 year stint as a high school coach (Chicago) in 2010 he's 

- Spent 2010-11 at Towson U as an assistant (Maryland)
- Spent 2011-12 at Manhattan U (NY)
- Spent 2012-15 at Florida

I think Burno would be a great hire even if he just came by himself. Bringing along a player from Florida like Dickerson is too much to even hope for. But the idea of adding a 6'8", 245# four star big man to the roster for next year is a tantalizing thought to entertain. Even though it ain't gonna happen.

I think Burno would be a great hire even if he just came by himself. Bringing along a player from Florida like Dickerson is too much to even hope for. But the idea of adding a 6'8", 245# four star big man to the roster for next year is a tantalizing thought to entertain. Even though it ain't gonna happen.

Now, Norm. You can't come on here and bust out the sunshine and lollipops and then just whip out yer dingy and piss all over the lollipops.