Football help

Saw this on another site, not much play there, but thought it may generate a bit of discussion here.  In the past we have leveraged the FB team for an occasional player.  Do you see any member of our football team that may be able to provide an assist starting in January?

One name seems to be a possibility, Zach Sterup.  He will use up his college football eligibility after this season, he is 6'8" and was a decent BB player in HS.

32771979E.jpg

I'll be honest, I slapped my forehead when I first opened this thread. However, I watched Sterup in high school and thought he should have played basketball instead of football in college. (Not that he was better in hoops, just that he was more likely to have a good college experience and didn't have pro potential in either.)

He has good feet and he's obviously a load. Also could shoot from 15 in. He wasn't a high D-1 in basketball, but he could definitely have played D-1 if he had committed to it.

At any rate, I doubt he'd be much help now, and it wouldn't be a good sign taking away minutes from Jacob and MIchael to play him.

I'll be honest, I slapped my forehead when I first opened this thread. However, I watched Sterup in high school and thought he should have played basketball instead of football in college. (Not that he was better in hoops, just that he was more likely to have a good college experience and didn't have pro potential in either.)

He has good feet and he's obviously a load. Also could shoot from 15 in. He wasn't a high D-1 in basketball, but he could definitely have played D-1 if he had committed to it.

At any rate, I doubt he'd be much help now, and it wouldn't be a good sign taking away minutes from Jacob and MIchael to play him.

Hate to disagree, but I saw him play against a very undersized and out manned Lincoln Lutheran team his senior year and he either had 2 or 0 points and he ended up fouling out.  They had nobody over 6'3" on him and he was just plain not good that night.  This was the only time I saw him play in person, but I went to the game specifically see him play and I came away not impressed.