Over/Under Wins next season

My head is reeling. From the info I am able to piece together here, I can not figure out who we will play, where we will play, when we will play, or how many games we will play. Do we include postseason? Can someone post a schedule yet? All I can predict with impunity is that I am dazed and confused.

My head is reeling. From the info I am able to piece together here, I can not figure out who we will play, where we will play, when we will play, or how many games we will play. Do we include postseason? Can someone post a schedule yet? All I can predict with impunity is that I am dazed and confused.

This is the beauty of this thread. We get to be those guys whomare actually paid to say what either you or I say with about as much information than we have right now.;). I think I will go start a blog now.:)

I'll put the number at 17 and say we go OVER. Naysayers may scoff, but this is a young talented roster that people will sell short, especially coming out of the gate. If we can get that kid from Brown, I'll feel even better about it. 

How accurate was your prediction for this year?

I thought we would win the B1G, so I might have over shot the bow just a bit...

'Scuse me, but I have some reason for some optimism.

It's not a TON to hang your hat on, but there is this:

Look at our league schedule for next year and look at who we have for double-plays and who we have for road singles.

Double plays are:  Indiana, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue & Rutgers

Road singles are:  Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State & Wisconsin

IMO, we could win all of the home double plays and we stand a chance, really, on the road in 3 of them.

Road singles?  Let's be honest, we probably don't beat Wisconsin even at PBA.  Or Michigan State.  Illinois, with what they have coming in and coming back, could beat us at home.  Though the odds are that we go 0-4 in the single play road games, we'd probably go 1-3, or at best 2-2 against those teams at home.  So, might as well play them on the road.

And get some single plays at home that we might actually have a chance of winning 2 or 3 of them:

Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota & Ohio State (and by "2 or 3" I don't mean Maryland.)

broom.gif     koolaid2.gif       lol.gif

Seriously, at this early stage, I'm with Handy,  Silver,  Kidm, Jimmy, and Norm (if I read his cryptic response right)  at 17/Over.

"Depends:"  If we do well from the Transfer/JUCO ranks could go well over; if not, we may need them.

Looking at the Big Ten power rankings, looks like we may have 'em right where we want 'em.

Last year's prediction was the same!  :ph34r:

broom.gifkoolaid2.giflol.gif

Seriously, at this early stage, I'm with Handy, Silver, Kidm, Jimmy, and Norm (if I read his cryptic response right) at 17/Over.

"Depends:" If we do well from the Transfer/JUCO ranks could go well over; if not, we may need them.

Looking at the Big Ten power rankings, looks like we may have 'em right where we want 'em.

Last year's prediction was the same! :ph34r:

Who're you callin' "cryptic" there, mister? Them there's fightin' words (evidently).

There's a whole thread entitled "Early Look at the 2015-16 Husker opponents" with the OP having the known opponents listed for your viewing pleasure, jimmykc. Have a drink, preferably red Kool-Aid. ;)