The Kansas City errr..... fighters??

hskr4life

Sometimes when a team hasn't done anything for 30 years, like the Royals, they don't know how to win with class when they finally have some success.  They are rapidly gaining a reputation that, in the long run, I don't think they will want to have.

Another theory offered by the KC commentators was that when teams that have been perennial bottom dwellers suddenly become good, sometimes the other teams in the division view them as upstarts and will get real chippy with them to try to intimidate them and put them back in their place.  Could be what's going on here as well.

I will stick with they are right up on the plate trying to take the inside corner away and when pitchers come inside they are close enough to get plunked.  Although the other night it was purely Ventura running his mouth.

it seems to me that the two times that he has really kind of come unglued was when the ball has been right back at him. Trout'so was a line drive that was just above his head and the other night it was a come back one hop right at his chest.

maybe he thinks they are trying to hit him. I really can't think of anything else.

and I also agree some with they are young pups who have some veterans who also have not been there and are I think soft spoken. Time will tell.

Sometimes when a team hasn't done anything for 30 years, like the Royals, they don't know how to win with class when they finally have some success.  They are rapidly gaining a reputation that, in the long run, I don't think they will want to have.

Another theory offered by the KC commentators was that when teams that have been perennial bottom dwellers suddenly become good, sometimes the other teams in the division view them as upstarts and will get real chippy with them to try to intimidate them and put them back in their place.  Could be what's going on here as well.

My guess is it's all the KSU fans who follow the Royals.  In all likelihood, they're the real problem.

Ventura is rapidly turning into a punk.  Third start in a row he has run his mouth.   I think a lot of if is youth and them thinking they've earn the respect of others and others aren't willing to give it to them.

In Ventura's defense tonight... Eaton did say something before Ventura did.  Something happened in between the inning though.  Moose getting hit in the face didn't help.  I agree though Ventura is very emotionally immature right now.

Royals- Lead majors in getting hit (17)

Royals- Lead majors in ejections (9)

Not surprised by the ejections.  I would imagine it is hard for the Royals to not take it personal when after 19 games have been played that you have 19 hit by pitch (causing broken bones) & base runners trying to take out players knees.  Opponents know that they can take the first swing/plunk & get a warning.  Royals try to retaliate & get the ejection.  Opponents can't handle the fact that the little old Royals are beating them with great pitching & speed.