The Kansas City errr..... fighters??

hskr4life

K.C. must be looking to be respected, or something.  Guess that other teams didn't get that message. Oh well, there's 162 of these suckers, so brace yourself for an eventual brawl.

If tonight wasn't a brawl, I dont know what is!

Didn't see it, clearly; Just.figured it was going to come, though. It was only a matter of 'when' not 'if'.

K.C. must be looking to be respected, or something.  Guess that other teams didn't get that message. Oh well, there's 162 of these suckers, so brace yourself for an eventual brawl.

Didn't see it, clearly; Just.figured it was going to come, though. It was only a matter of 'when' not 'if'.

The real question is what happens now?

My guess is...

Ventura, Volquez, and Samarija all get 5 game suspension (1 start)

Cain gets 2-3 game suspension.

The real question is what happens now?

My guess is...

Ventura, Volquez, and Samarija all get 5 game suspension (1 start)

Cain gets 2-3 game suspension.

They will all appeal like Herrera did and it will get delayed. 

Ventura is rapidly turning into a punk.  Third start in a row he has run his mouth.   I think a lot of if is youth and them thinking they've earn the respect of others and others aren't willing to give it to them.

In Ventura's defense tonight... Eaton did say something before Ventura did.  Something happened in between the inning though.  Moose getting hit in the face didn't help.  I agree though Ventura is very emotionally immature right now.

Royals- Lead majors in getting hit (17)

Royals- Lead majors in ejections (9)

Ventura is rapidly turning into a punk. Third start in a row he has run his mouth. I think a lot of if is youth and them thinking they've earn the respect of others and others aren't willing to give it to them.

In Ventura's defense tonight... Eaton did say something before Ventura did. Something happened in between the inning though. Moose getting hit in the face didn't help. I agree though Ventura is very emotionally immature right now.

Agree with all of this. You have to protect your players to an extent, but I think Ventura may be approaching that line rather quickly.

Ventura is rapidly turning into a punk.  Third start in a row he has run his mouth.   I think a lot of if is youth and them thinking they've earn the respect of others and others aren't willing to give it to them.

In Ventura's defense tonight... Eaton did say something before Ventura did.  Something happened in between the inning though.  Moose getting hit in the face didn't help.  I agree though Ventura is very emotionally immature right now.

At the end of the day, it is again Ventura starting it and in the middle of it.  Million dollar arm and a 5 cent brain right now.

As for all the HBP I have two theories.

1.  Hitting coach has them crowding the plate so they can cover the outside corner better

2.  They have played some pretty crappy teams a lot to start the season.  Twins and the White Sox pitchers may just be that bad.

Ventura needs to shut his trap. Period.

Just play ball. Stop trying to one-up everybody!

Agree in a sense... Need to be the bigger person... BUT there is no need to yell at Ventura.  Lets face it, Ventura doesn't yell anything back at Eaton if he keeps his trap shut.  There is a fine line between being the bigger person and sticking up for yourself.  As someone said above, Ventura is close to crossing it.

Not saying what Ventura did was right, but it isn't like he just did it out of the blue.

Agree in a sense... Need to be the bigger person... BUT there is no need to yell at Ventura.  Lets face it, Ventura doesn't yell anything back at Eaton if he keeps his trap shut.  There is a fine line between being the bigger person and sticking up for yourself.  As someone said above, Ventura is close to crossing it.

Not saying what Ventura did was right, but it isn't like he just did it out of the blue.

I didn't see the game. But I do know that Ventura made all kinds of guff with Mike Trout after Trout had a hit. No idea where that one came from. Bottom line, this is a recurring issue with a young pitcher who thinks he's all that. He needs to reign it in... I hope he does, he's a great talent!

I didn't see the game. But I do know that Ventura made all kinds of guff with Mike Trout after Trout had a hit. No idea where that one came from. Bottom line, this is a recurring issue with a young pitcher who thinks he's all that. He needs to reign it in... I hope he does, he's a great talent!

Agree... The Trout issue was pointless.  The Lowrie ejection warranted, but was OK with it.  Tonight was all about being a bigger man, been there done that type of issue.  Once again, Ventura shows his youngness.  

Thought you guys might be interested in my thoughts on this and also, learn about my new website! Its 100% all Royals former and current player interviews and post game analysis. I'm very frank on tonight's game

http://clubhouseconversation.com/podcast/april-23-3-2-w-over-white-sox-in-13-very-controversial-edition-with-very-blunt-thoughts/

I'd say he crossed that line.  Yost needs to tell the young man, you've got talent, let that do that talking.

Ventura tends to remind me a bit of Pedro Martinez and if he can have a Pedro Martinez type of career, it would be great.  Both pitch with a chip on their shoulder and that can be fantastic if that emotion can be properly focused.  Other pitchers have had the same inner boil.  Simply look back...

That said, there were a lot of smaller battles going on in the fight.  But I do believe KC believe they are not being respected for what they did last year.  What they need to figure out though, is that winning, not fighting will raise the level of respect that comes their way.

Dave: Glad to see you are doing well. I note you don't mention being a founder of HHC in your bio. Too bad, since there appear to be a lot of Royals/Huskers fans out there. Anyway, best wishes from a poster (and there aren't too many of us out there) who attended Campy Campaneris night when the Kansas City team was still called the A's.

This is a nice scrum but hardly a BRAWL. I only saw a couple of punches thrown. The real punk in all of this was Samardzija.

Now THESE are some decent basebrawls.

Ventura tends to remind me a bit of Pedro Martinez and if he can have a Pedro Martinez type of career, it would be great.  Both pitch with a chip on their shoulder and that can be fantastic if that emotion can be properly focused.  Other pitchers have had the same inner boil.  Simply look back...

That said, there were a lot of smaller battles going on in the fight.  But I do believe KC believe they are not being respected for what they did last year.  What they need to figure out though, is that winning, not fighting will raise the level of respect that comes their way.

Agree with this - Ventura is a young Pedro right now, he's got filthy stuff, where he goes from here depends on how he matures between the ears.

Also agree with what was mentioned earlier - that a lot of them getting hit has to do with pitchers busting them inside, getting them off the plate. KC has a lot of aggressive young hitters who like to extend their arms, got to brush those types of hitters back and see how they respond. Plus teams are testing KC, seeing how they respond. So far they're winning when challenged, but it's tough to play with that big of a chip on your shoulder for 6 months.

Not sure where last night ranks on the brawl list, but best KC "brawl" I saw in person was Brian McRae getting plunked vs Rangers (I think), and instead of charging the mound, he dropped the bat & headed straight for the other dugout - taking care of the problem at the origination point.  ;) It was great.

Sometimes when a team hasn't done anything for 30 years, like the Royals, they don't know how to win with class when they finally have some success.  They are rapidly gaining a reputation that, in the long run, I don't think they will want to have.

Another theory offered by the KC commentators was that when teams that have been perennial bottom dwellers suddenly become good, sometimes the other teams in the division view them as upstarts and will get real chippy with them to try to intimidate them and put them back in their place.  Could be what's going on here as well.

Sometimes when a team hasn't done anything for 30 years, like the Royals, they don't know how to win with class when they finally have some success.  They are rapidly gaining a reputation that, in the long run, I don't think they will want to have.

Another theory offered by the KC commentators was that when teams that have been perennial bottom dwellers suddenly become good, sometimes the other teams in the division view them as upstarts and will get real chippy with them to try to intimidate them and put them back in their place.  Could be what's going on here as well.

Or another theory might be that they were SO CLOSE to winning, that they're upset and trying anything they can to get back to that point.