Miles/Petteway presser today at 2pm

hhcmatt

Really kind of shocked the Harriman thing came out of left field as Miles is saying.

Just a hunch but I'd say the timing more than anything. The coaching carousel has spun down quite a bit. 

I guess this also answers the question in the McVeigh thread. If Miles didn't know until yesterday then I'm guessing McVeigh didn't have any idea either. 

Really kind of shocked the Harriman thing came out of left field as Miles is saying.

Just a hunch but I'd say the timing more than anything. The coaching carousel has spun down quite a bit. 

I guess this also answers the question in the McVeigh thread. If Miles didn't know until yesterday then I'm guessing McVeigh didn't have any idea either. 

Not exactly sure about the day to day relationship of Miles and Harriman...sometimes you tell the boss you're taking the new job and sometimes you don't.  Relatively speaking though, I would think Harriman would be the least surprising of all three assistants to leave given his demand and ambition. 

Might depend on the amount of pressure that McVeigh gets from the home country to compete in this tourney after they've spent the last 6 months training him. On the other hand, he gets behind when trying to crack the rotation next year if he isn't on that trip. We'll see

You can watch it here as well if it's not on mobile

This is a much watch though...the information on the tweets highlighted a lot of the big news but this entire presser was FULL of info and tidbits.  Randomly...Brandon Ubel tweeted Miles after WP turned pro to remind him that Miles had predicted that WP would be the first Husker to turn pro back when Ubel was a senior.

I'm OK with us playing SOME small, but I don't want a repeat of Doc year 3 and the smallest team in D1 starting two 6'5" guards as our "big" men. 

I'm also OK with him saying our shooting woes last year were an outlier.  I believe they were.  I think Shavon is a much better shooter than he showed and sometimes it just gets in your head and it's tough to get it out. 

But as to whether they need to hire a shooting coach or not, well ...

At the very least, make Ali earn his free graduate classes and prove his coaching moxie by teaching some of these guys how the hell to shoot the damn ball.  I don't want to see all this weird, across the body, wind up and release kinda crap.  I want to see guys who are technically sound and filling up the basket from deep.  Period.

Make it happen, Tim.

I'm OK with us playing SOME small, but I don't want a repeat of Doc year 3 and the smallest team in D1 starting two 6'5" guards as our "big" men. 

I'm also OK with him saying our shooting woes last year were an outlier.  I believe they were.  I think Shavon is a much better shooter than he showed and sometimes it just gets in your head and it's tough to get it out. 

But as to whether they need to hire a shooting coach or not, well ...

At the very least, make Ali earn his free graduate classes and prove his coaching moxie by teaching some of these guys how the hell to shoot the damn ball.  I don't want to see all this weird, across the body, wind up and release kinda crap.  I want to see guys who are technically sound and filling up the basket from deep.  Period.

Make it happen, Tim.

Oh, Normy, you know you're going to miss the elbow-tastic Walter P for 3 phenomena! ;)